Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Don't we have plenty of threads like this? What's up with all of the negativity?

It was Katie Scarlett O'Hara.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

My cringe worthy:

Olive - Just go with Olivia, popularity be damned! Olive is her ugly cousin. Or you can name your baby Pickle or Jalapeno if you really want something uncommon...

Alexis - Overused where I live to the point of ridiculousness. It is a nice name, and I would love it otherwise. Some of the french families get mad if you pronounce it ah-LEK-sis and they will correct you that it is ah-lek-SEE, which gets annoying.

Bella/Ella/Elle/Ellie/Belle type names - Again because of overuse. I had a cat named Bella years ago. I loved the name and would have considered using it for a daughter. Now I wouldn't even use it on a goldfish. Like Alexis they are lovely names, but I can't stand them anymore. Every other little girl I meet is an Ella or Bella. It takes everything I have inside me to say "Ah! How nice!" when I meet them, when I really just want to say "of course it is...". Some of my other favorites names like Elowen and Elizabeth have lost some of their appeal because I fear the dreaded Ella nickname!
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I really love Clementine!

Mine would be unisex names like Taylor and Riley and Occupation names like Harper (Taylor) and Sawyer. I also really dislike hippy dippy names like River and Rain and Savannah, title names like Princess and Duchess and luxary goods like Diamond and Mercedes. Not a fan of names like Brienne, Rihanna, Ritienne, Jordan, Kayleigh, Mkayla, Mckenzie etc

Faux - unisex names like Riley or Addison on girls or surnames on girls, especially Sloane, I think Sloane is probably the single most ugly name anyone has ever decided to saddle a girl with. I also intensely dislike ones like Waverly, Everly, Sutton.....Sutton is right up there on the ugly scale with Sloane, honestly.

I also hate the whole -lyn / -ly trend. Tacking on lyn or ly/lie/lee/leigh is just ridiculous and juvenile.