Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opinions on these names

not pregnant, just a name lover. Just wondering what people thought of these names.

Edra
    Blair
    Saysha
    Ceridwen
    Gwyneira
    Illyria
    Romana
    Truly
    Ziska
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

I love Illyria and have a beautiful friend named Ceridwin.
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

I absolutely love Illyria, it's my daughter's middle name and I think it's a beautiful and free name. Ceridwen is another name I have an intense love affair with, it's lovely. Gwyneira is very evocative and pretty too.

I like Ziska, it's my South African friend's mother's name so I think of cinnamon babka's and fresh orange juice. I quite like Blair too, but it feels quite cold to me. Romana is also pretty, and very romantic. Saysha is too close to Sasha which is a boy name to me (and in most of Europe). I don't like Edra and Truly.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Blair is on my long list and I like it the best! Very cool but not trendy or crazy.
    Saysha - what's this? I know Aysha and Sasha but this looks like a blend, not a name.
    Ceridwen is lovely, I tend to like names ending in -wen(think Bronwen, Arianwen and so on) and this one has wonderful meaning as well as sound. Great choice!
    Illyria is beautiful but I guess it can cause confusion in pronunciation. I don't care for the rest of your list though.

Edra - This doesn't do anything for me, it makes me think of Edna, which is very much an old lady name, and not in the cute, useable sense.
    Blair - I really do love this name, I think it's one of those names where it doesn't give the expectation of a certain personality, if that makes sense.
    Saysha - I feel like it would probably end up being pronounced Sasha, which to me don't seem too much of an issue as I have known both male and female Sasha's, though I do prefer it for boys, but people say that about my name, and I'm a girl.
    Ceridwen - LOVE LOVE LOVE! One of my good friend's has this name, and that is the only reason it's not on my list. There are so many good things about it. I think I'd probably be more excited about people using this name, than if they used my name (which makes me pretty excited.)
    Gwyneira - I think this is beautiful, and as weird as this sounds, gives me a strong princess vibe.
    Illyria - While I do think this is a beautiful name, it has to be said, it reminds me of the movie 'She's the man' and while this obviously wouldn't be an issue for the current babies being given this name, I read it, and a little part of my mind just says 'She's the man'.
    Romana - I much prefer Ramona, and while I love the nn Romy that naturally stems from Romana, I'd always convinced myself that it wasn't too far a stretch from Ramona to Romy anyway, and I could also get Moe, which I think makes an adorable nn for a girl.
    Truly - I know somebody called Truly, so I would always think of her, and also the song (I can't think what it's from, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang maybe?) Truly Scrumptious, which would be cute.
    Ziska - I don't really like harsh K sounds, which is how I'm reading it, and I've probably tripped myself up, by putting a name with a harsh K in my signature, but oh well. It's a pretty name nonetheless.
    ~ Bridget May Jemima ~ Tove Mercy Josephine ~ Circe Ruby Adelaide ~
    ~ Reuben Lionel Calloway ~ Samson Arley Peregrine ~ Isaac Crispin Jericho ~