Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Co-sleeping

Coming from a natural, holistic medicine perspective, I am probably expected to be in the pseudoscience camp, or whatever it is called. But honestly, I have never been okay with the co-sleeping idea. I readily acknowledge that my personal feelings on the subject could change when I become a mother and those maternal instincts start kicking in, but I'm not sure the feelings would change the plan. Given that infants can suffocate when they have a flat sheet or a stuffed animal in their sleeping area, the idea of having them in the bed between two adults with various sheets and blankets and pillows in the works is just scary. New moms are usually pretty exhausted from getting up and down all night to feed and care for baby, and I am honestly skeptical that anyone can be hyper-aware in that state. Logically, the opposite would be true.

All this to say that I had resigned myself to having my baby in a separate bed, if not in a separate room (even planned to have a rocker or something to nurse in because I'm afraid to nurse in bed lest I fall asleep with the baby and something happen), and the existence of those lovely co-sleeping cribs that Blade posted has brought out the sun for me!! I think they are the perfect compromise! It alleviates the worries of whether or not baby is safe, but you don't have to be separated by rooms and crib bars and such. Love it!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Thank you! I never thought I wanted to co-sleep, but it's the constant feeding, and my baby is this far not a good sleeper... And I get to touch her all the time, and that's lovely. And I get to look at her, and she is the most exquisite creature ever made.

I just want to say, when Roo's been sleeping in our bed we've not had a duvet. And my boyfriend and I both sleep very lightly, and don't move around a lot. I usually wake up in the exact same position as I was in when I fell asleep. Just so people don't think I'm horrible...

Anyway, I've now ordered a co-sleeper and it will be here on Tuesday! I am so excited.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Congrats ottilie! Enjoy the snuggles.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

We don't co-sleep and never will. It's way too risky, IMO. Also, I didn't want to get in the habit of letting my child sleep with me and then having to break the habit years later when it would be much harder.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I'd definitely have baby's bassinet in our room, but I wouldn't have baby in the bed with us. I think the co-sleeper is a nice compromise. Good luck, Ottilie!
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter