Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Co-sleeping

Your response proves my point - you are a bully. Whether consciously or unconsciously, you parade yourself around this site as a medical expert with "the answer." You are obviously trying to meet some need - to boost your ego, to feel superior...I loathe people like you. Stop trying to prove you know more/are better than everyone else. I have come to enjoy Nameberry over the past several months. However, I have rarely posted because some people on the site seem very strongly opinionated/judgmental etc. I can honestly say you are the reason I am leaving and not looking back. You are a terrible person.
    Last edited by kate_bev; March 24th, 2013 at 04:42 PM.

A) yes, Blade, sorry, but I do feel as though you are being a bit of a bully. We all know you are a well educated individual - but that doesn't mean that other people's feeling and views are invalid and should not be put on the table. My fiance is a scientist, I get where you are coming from with pure fact and hard science trumping people's feelings and intuition, but coming from someone who doesn't think with pure logic, I can tell you that that isn't the end all and be all of choices like this.

B) I HIGHLY doubt this discussion is helping Ottilie come to a decision at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I actually like the organic one I posted, but I am drawn to the simple, clean, natural wood aesthetic.
    Thanks again, sweets! I like that one too, but it doesn't really go in our bedroom...

Kate, thanks, I appreciate a different view! My Roo has a very beautiful moses basket right next to our bed, so she's close, ad not in a prison!

Dulcinea, it's so good to hear that the transition went well. The bonding with the baby is the most important right now, but I don't want my love to feel left out either...

Poppy, I hear you on the cats! Mine slept in our bedroom when they were babies, but not for a long time now. Baby trumps cat anyway.

Ehm, reached this little argument... I am grateful for all opinions, but I have to say I really value Blade's opinions, it's wonderful to have a kind, generous, selfless medical person such as her here. I don't appreciate anyone calling her a terrible person. But I do appreciate both views, and even though I'm all for alternative medicine and aura reading and horoscope reading, when it comes to my baby, I trust the doctors. Please don't argue anymore though, or I'll have to shut the thread down, and that will upset me a little cause I really want as many as possible to tell me their opinions and stories, but I don't want to have started a thread that leads to bad things. Pretty please with sugar on it?
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

@ottilie, you got it. Thanks for your kind words.

@flick I never, ever, ever want to invalidate anyone. Invalidating implies people don't have a right to an opinion at all, that they're not even worthy of entering the debate. That is classic bullying, arrogance and the kind of frank insecurity that was projected on to me by madam psychologist. But validating the right to an opinion does not mean agreeing with its content.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

Thanks, flick & blade (and you're welcome)!

More opinions are very welcome, as long as everyone plays nice!
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014