Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you prefer with Holly?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Holly Schuyler

2 3.77%
  • Holly Beatrix

31 58.49%
  • Holly Riane

5 9.43%
  • Holly Sterre

0 0%
  • Holly Lieve

5 9.43%
  • Holly Liesbett

10 18.87%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I have a dutch friend named Olympia Fiona, but I don't think either of those names are actually Dutch.
    Collecting, not expecting! Favorite names change frequently.

Girls list: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/22356

Boys list: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/34208

Voting list: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9829189

I really like Holly Beatrix, but a previous posters suggestion of Holly Saskia is equally as beautiful. Good luck to your friend!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

It would help to know if this girl will be living in Holland at some point in her life.

Beatrix sounds lovely with Holly in English, but as it is the current Queen is called Beatrix (75 years of age and ending her reign this year), it's not exactly a baby name here, unless you wish to hint to the royal family.

All the following names are in current top 200 and I think can be pronounced by English speakers easily. Unfortunately no 3 syl. ones, but with a long or very short last name I think it could work.

Holly Fenna
    Holly Merel (Dutch for Blackbird)
    Holly Famke
    Holly Esmee (most common Dutch spelling of Esme, prn. ESMAY)

I agree Saskia is a great name together with Holly, but it does have a 70/80's vibe here like Jennifer would in the States.
    Leonie and Sabine have the same vibe and sound nice paired up with Holly too. You could alter Sabine to Sabina to assure the correct three syl. prn.

Tessel is a typical Dutch name that could be used as an alternative for Tessa. The name has a maritime history and refers to the Island Texel in the north of the country, close to the most important navy base.

Hope this helps.

I like the Dutch name Marlies although I don't know if it's the best fit with Holly.

Voted for Holly Beatrix, but don't really think that any of the names go well together.

I've actually lived in Holland for span of time when I was younger, and I think that Dutch names are really adorable. Some of these might be somewhat dated, but adorable nonetheless:

Holly Carolien
    Holly Fenna
    Holly Johanna
    Holly Maartje
    Holly Margriet
    Holly Marijke ()
    Holly Mies
    Holly Noa
    Holly Paulien
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel