Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

A sister for Beatrix and Eloise

We are expecting our third daughter in September and I'm looking for names that fit with Beatrix (who currently goes by Bebe) and Eloise. Middle name will likely be either Margaret or Marcella depending on which fits better with the first name. Our last name is one syllable, beginning with a hard "G".

Currently on our short list:
    Annabel
    Penelope
    Charlotte
    Rosalie

If it isn't obvious, we tend to like names with an older feel, that aren't super common but also won't leave people scratching their heads. I'm not crazy about the way one syllable first names sound with our last name. Would love any suggestions!
    Beatrix Marie (7/14/08)
    Eloise McCarter (12/18/10)
    someone new Sept. 2013

I love your daughters names and from your list, I really like Penelope and Rosalie,I think they go wonderfully - but the first thing to pop into my mind was Ramona for some odd reason. It's very quirky and full of spunk but is most definitely vintage and not weird or unheard of. The only one I DON'T like for you on your list is Charlotte. Nice enough name, nothing really wrong with it - but it's becoming very popular and I see it ALL the time, it feels like a very predictable and overdone choice, especially compared to how rare your other daughters names are.

I actually feel the same way about Charlotte -- my husband put that one on the list and he so rarely makes productive contributions to the naming conversation, I'm trying to be respectful I do like "Charlie" as a nn for a little girl though.

Ramona is unfortunately the name of my parents' current dog! Otherwise I agree that it would go great with our girls' names
    Beatrix Marie (7/14/08)
    someone new Sept. 2013

All the best,
    Mischa.

Oh, I have always loved Clementine, but I can't figure out a good nickname. I suppose it doesn't need one, we do mostly call our Eloise by her full name which is the same number of syllables. Lydia and Juliet are two others that I love.

Thank you for all the great suggestions!

I just remembered one other that I like -- Adelaide.
    Beatrix Marie (7/14/08)
    someone new Sept. 2013