Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is Hector usable?

Hmmmmmm... I came across Hector again today and it got me thinking! I love Ancient boys names and boys names from Mythology generally but I'm aware that lots of them are hard to wear!

Anyway what do you think of Hector?... Is it wearable?? In particularly interested in hearing from Aussie and European berries as I know in the US Hector is mostly associated with the Hispanic community and you probably have a slightly different opinion of the name though all opinions welcome
    Potential brothers... Atticus, Rufus and Zephyr
    Also how does the name sound with Matilda? (Our daughters name?)

Also 1 likely middle would be Beresford (family name)... And I thought Huckleberry could be a fun nn when he's little... Hectic or heckles are also cute just for fun!
    Lack of nn's to grow into throws me a bit though... I guess Heckie isn't too bad... Any other suggestions? Does Huck work or two much of a stretch? Or maybe Hector doesn't need one!!

....Anyway all thoughts welcome!!!

Hector is definitely wearable. It's got that hipster/clunky cool vibe going for it, and Hector certainly has a rich history. Doesn't need a nickname.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Hector's awesome. I think it is very wearable.

Also, I kind of think Huck makes a cute nn for any H name. We sometimes call our baby Henry "Huck".
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses

I love the name Hector. Sound and flow, inspiring character in the Odyssey; he's got everything going for him really. I know three Hectors, all of whom have completely different personalities and it fits them all. I love it. Good luck!

I like Hector. I'm in the US, but since I've been on name forums so long I can see Hector totally working on any type of little boy, it seems more like a classic/mythological name (somewhat like Penelope), rather than a stereotypically Hispanic name. I think it's really cute with Atticus and Matilda.

I wouldn't use a nn, personally, and Huckleberry doesn't seem to be related to Hector at all. But I suppose they all could work...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George