Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I want to name our baby after The Princess Bride, my husband thinks I am cray cray.

I am re-reading my favourite old book and remembering how much I love the movie and I am trying to convince my husband that our baby I am growing should be named after The Princess Bride. If you haven't read the book or watched this movie I am definitely about to start sounding mad.

So amongst jokingly suggesting Fezzick and Buttercup I actually really, really like Florin. It's a place name in the book but I still really like it. I also love Inigo.

My husband however thinks pregnancy has stolen my wits. But really I think he should be thankful I am not trying to push for Humperdink (jks, that's a horrible name).

So tell me: Florin? Yes? No? I really love it. I like it's meaning (flourishing/flower) and I like that it's an established boys name and not too unheard of or hard to spell. My husband think it's too girly. I don't like macho boy names anyway but is it really 'too girly?'.

Inigo: my husband thinks this name is missing it's 'D' and I tend to agree people will mishear and say "Indigo" but I still really like this name. My only concern is we already have a son name ending in O (Theo) and I feel to O ending names are too much. Are they too much?

Florent is a very common French name for boys, so that might be more masculine than Florin, without being macho.
    I went to school with a Florine, and she was a girl.

Inigo is getting more popular and people will get used to it so I wouldn't worry

I actually do like Florin and Inigo. What about Westley? It's a little more "normal," so maybe you husband would go for it

Myron Floren was an accordionist on "The Lawrence Welk Show."

I also love this book and my husband and I watched this movie on our second date! I also love Inigo and have the same fears you do. We aren't trying for children yet but I did try to convince him to engrave "As you wish" on the inside of this wedding band - he didn't like that idea.

I think Florin could work, I'm not a huge fan but it's got potential.
    Adelaide, Annabel, Audrey, Aurelia, Avalon, Catherine, Daisy, Elizabeth, Felicity, Gemma, Genevieve, Helena, Isabeau, January, June, Juniper, Juno, Kate, Laine, Liv, Lucy, Luna, Matilda, Mira, Pearl, Penelope, Seraphina, Snow, Tessa, Vesper, Violet, Winter

Asher Gregory James . Leo Sebastian North
    Archer, August, Beau, Benjamin, Caspian, Daniel, Donovan, Felix, Finn, Florin, Flynn, Forest, Fox, Hugo, Joshua, Vaughn