Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Horace?

Horace?

Would you consider naming your son Horace, nn Horrie?

I love the idea, it would be after my grandfather, but everyone I mention it to thinks I'm crazy.

Our bub is due in August, my girls name option is currently Fern. He/she will be sister/brother to Oscar Graeme Ignatius and Nora Lilian Celeste.

Smile

Lol. I'm taking the silence as a no. Which I suppose I was kind of expecting. I'll keep it on my list, for now, keeping in mind that it is unlikely to be well received!

Horace is not quite my style, but some posters on here may like that it is so vintage, quirky, and underused. The nickname Horrie doesn't sound nice to my ear, along the lines of "horrid," "hairy," and worst of all, "whore-y." "Ace" or even "Racer" might be safer nickname options. I think Horace would DEFINITELY be a cool and different middle name option, especially since it would honor family. The more I look at it, the more I think I would kind of like to see it as a first name...on someone else's child, not my own. Go for it.

I personally don't like it but in a way it does ring cute especially with the nickname "Horrie." If you are in doubt maybe the middle spot is the best place to put it.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

101 Dalmatians is one of my favourite films and Horace is one of the bad guys from it, so for me it makes me dislike the name quite a lot. Not wild about Horrie, but if you like Horace then why not? I think it goes nicely with Oscar and Nora too
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith