Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Kish for a boy?

Quote Originally Posted by philomena View Post
    Not a fan. It both sounds like someone with a speech impediment saying "kiss" as noted by previous posters, and "kush" which is related to cannabis.
    These echo my first thoughts completely, especially the Kush reference.

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I like Kishon, and Kish could be a good nickname for him
    -an Amelia from a time before 'Amelia' was in the top 100.

Currently feeling:*Roseanne Amelia* or *Kamal Clifford*

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Roseanne
    Boys: Beres, Kamal

TTC Fall 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by spring13 View Post
    The proper Hebrew pronunciation of the name sounds like "quiche" - really not something i'd use nowadays. Either way, it's too indistinct somehow, it sounds truncated or incomplete in English. Kishon pronounced the proper way - kee-SHONE - is fine with me, but you'll never have anyone saying it that way, so don't bother.
    My thoughts exactly.

That's really interesting about the pronunciation. Thank you for that.

Still like it. Will put it on my list and let it sit for a while. Thank you everyone for your comments

Hmm...I don't know. I think either of "kitsch" or "knish." I'd use it as a nn or middle name. I don't know that it's that well-known of a name (I hadn't heard of it) for people not to associate it with other things before the name itself.
    Current Favorites

Adeline, Annabel, Cecily, Clara, Clementine, Cressida, Daphne, Eliza, Flora, Georgiana, Gemma, Hyacinth, Isa, Imogen, Juliet, Lila, Livia, Matilda, Ophelia, Persephone, Sabrina, Tamsin, Verona, Violet

Alastair, Asher, Callum, Caleb, Colin, Dorian, Felix, Florian, Gavin, Hallam, Inigo, Julian, Lionel, Marius, Nigel, Noel, Oliver, Raphael, Sebastian, Silas

Current furry children: Clover, Snowshoe, Avalon, Puck, Panda, Winona

Expecting a [tbd] c. August 19, 2013!!