Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I don't think they've been ruined for me. However, I would NEVER use a past pet name on a child. To me that's like having two children with the same name. Zoe is an amazing name, but no child will ever be graced with the name of my first, orange and furry baby.

http://listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Mark ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Caleb
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Ava ~ Soleil ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah

We just got a new puppy, and since we are TTC, I had to be very careful when choosing a name - don't want to give my #1 to the dog! I actually did that and named my older dog Hazel. Now that eliminates that option for a possible future baby girl. Too bad - I love that name! Our new puppy is Ernie. Love the name, but it isn't on the short list for a baby boy.

Yes. After having a seven year break from having children, we went ahead and named our sweet little Persian kitty Pippa last summer. Now I can't think of any related names for an actual child. No Pippa, Poppy, Pippen, etc.

Actually, my daughter's name is the same name as a childhood dog of mine. We had the dog a short time, and the association was quickly replaced (for myself and my family) when my daughter started wearing the name. So I think it depends. We also had a dog named Nellie, which I love and considered as a nickname for Anneliese, but I couldn't get past the association to our dog. The difference there is she was a wonderful dog, one of our favorites.....very memorable. And she was in our family for 8 years.

So an exposure wouldn't deter me at all, but if it was a loved and memorable pet, I would have a hard time using the name.

I had a cat called Samson when I was younger and he lived a long time - we got him when I was 8 and he died only a few years ago, so I don't think I could get away with any Sam- variation because he had a lot of nicknames. (Sammy, Sam..ect.)

My mum & dad still have our family dog, who we called Bonnie. So I couldn't get away with that, she's such a presence in the family. I do like the name Ebony but I feel its too close.
    Hazel Naomi ♥ Arthur Redding