Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Same name as a famous person?

Waht are your thoughts on naming a baby with the same name as a famous person - as in first and last names matching? I don't mean intentionally naming the baby after them, I mean when the name you like heppens to be that of a famous person - For example if your last name is Stone and you just love the name Sharon for a baby girl. Would you turn away from Sharon just because your child would have the exact name as a movie star, or would you use it anyway becasue you love it so much?
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

To some extent it would probably deter me, depending on how famous the person is (is absolutely everyone he ever meets going to comment on it?) and also perhaps the notoriety of the person as well (probably not going to go with Lindsay if my ln is Lohan, but perhaps if my ln were Portman I might still consider Natalie).
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

I went to school with a Tom Jones. The first time they heard it everyone laughed a bit but then it was never mentioned again. I don't think it bothered Tom at all. There was also a Rio Grant (girl)... that raised a few eyebrows.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Anna Ingrid Alexandra is my favourite combination for a girl, and the future Queen of Norway's name is Princess Ingrid Alexandra. I don't really care about that though, Ingrid Alexandra is such a beautiful name, and Princess Ingrid Alexandra is probably gonna go merely as Queen Ingrid when she's to be Queen.

To me, it very much depends on which famous person we're talking about though.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Anna Ingrid Alexandra is my favourite combination for a girl, and the future Queen of Norway's name is Princess Ingrid Alexandra. I don't really care about that though, Ingrid Alexandra is such a beautiful name, and Princess Ingrid Alexandra is probably gonna go merely as Queen Ingrid when she's to be Queen.
    AND she's completely adorable and a very smart and sweet little girl. I wouldn't mind sharing a name with her

It depends on the rarity of the name, and which celebrity. Tom Jones (as Ren said) I guess could be normal, there's the singer and the book, and two normal names. Right now I can't remember any celebrities I like... but if my last name was Deyn, I wouldn't use Agyness as my child's first name to say it like that. And if my last name was Watson I could absolutely use Emma as a first.

I've known an Andy Cole and an Ian Walker (famous football players in England in the late 90's), and a Victoria Adams (Victoria Beckham's maiden name).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]