Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

The Name Association Game

I'm probably not the first to think of this as a name game, but I've always find it interesting to see how people's perceptions of names change depending on their past experience, which sort of developed into an idea for a game in my head.

It's pretty simple, so I'll post a quick example and hopefully people will catch on:

Poster #1: ''What's your first association with Matilda?''
    Poster #2: ''Matilda, the Roald Dahl book... What's your first association with Thomas?''
    Poster #3: ''Thomas Cook, the travel agents... What's your first association with Frank?''
    Poster #4: ''Frank Ocean, the musician... What's your first association with Julia...?''

Simple? I think so.
    Also feel free to post whether or not it's a positive, negative or neutral association for you - so does it make you like or dislike the name?
    close to my heart
    Rufus - Alec - Emmett - Wes
    Billie - Estella - Jemima - Eilidh

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Oh, and I guess I should start:

What's your first association of the name Dexter?
    close to my heart

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Dexter, the cartoon character from Dexter's Laboratory. Dexter has a positive association for me, as I consider it to be a smart and witty name.

What's your first association of the name Kenneth?

Kenneth = Kenneth Williams, British actor/comedian from the 50s/60s. He's pretty much a nation treasure in the UK, so it's definitely a good connection to have. I can't say I love the name though.

What's your first association of: Veronica?
    close to my heart

Veronica Lodge, aka Ronnie, from the Archie comics :P I like her vivaciousness, determination, and confidence. I don't like that she's spoiled, selfish, vain, and manipulative, usually to her best friends. So I guess the association is neutral, bordering on negative.

What's your first association with Willow?
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu