Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

The Name Association Game

I'm probably not the first to think of this as a name game, but I've always find it interesting to see how people's perceptions of names change depending on their past experience, which sort of developed into an idea for a game in my head.

It's pretty simple, so I'll post a quick example and hopefully people will catch on:

Poster #1: ''What's your first association with Matilda?''
    Poster #2: ''Matilda, the Roald Dahl book... What's your first association with Thomas?''
    Poster #3: ''Thomas Cook, the travel agents... What's your first association with Frank?''
    Poster #4: ''Frank Ocean, the musician... What's your first association with Julia...?''

Simple? I think so.
    Also feel free to post whether or not it's a positive, negative or neutral association for you - so does it make you like or dislike the name?
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Oh, and I guess I should start:

What's your first association of the name Dexter?
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Dexter, the cartoon character from Dexter's Laboratory. Dexter has a positive association for me, as I consider it to be a smart and witty name.

What's your first association of the name Kenneth?

Kenneth = Kenneth Williams, British actor/comedian from the 50s/60s. He's pretty much a nation treasure in the UK, so it's definitely a good connection to have. I can't say I love the name though.

What's your first association of: Veronica?

Veronica Lodge, aka Ronnie, from the Archie comics :P I like her vivaciousness, determination, and confidence. I don't like that she's spoiled, selfish, vain, and manipulative, usually to her best friends. So I guess the association is neutral, bordering on negative.

What's your first association with Willow?
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu