Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on my top 15

We're expecting baby #5 and I was just wanting some fresh opinions on my top 15 names. We don't know the gender and probably won't find out so I have lists for both boys and girls. Older siblings are Aubriella Braelyn, Kaia Avalon, Aidyn Ryker, and Taylee-Rose Amethyst. Last name is two syllables and starts and ends with the 's' sound. Here they are, have at 'em.

Girls:
    Lyric
    Rhiannon
    Acacia
    Ellowyn
    Rowan
    Aviana
    Irelyn
    Genesis
    Makenna
    Willow
    Coralie
    Taryn
    Alyxia
    Jewel
    Sienna

Boys:
    Asher
    Tobias
    Chanson
    Evander
    Merrick
    Jasper
    Brycen
    Sebastien
    Maxson
    Atreyu
    Rune
    Torin
    Dracen/Draeson (undecided on spelling)
    Alexavier
    Soren

I prefer Elowen to Ellowyn, Ireland to Irelyn, and Alexia to Alyxia. I do like Coralie and Willow, but the rest are not my style.

For boys, I like Evander, Jasper, Soren, Sebastien, and Rune. I would spell it Dracen, Draeson looks messy to me.
    Alice. Marian. Juno. Branwen. Helena. Polly. Ophelia. Rosalind. Cosima. Matilda. Edith. Anna. Claudia. Frances.
    Arthur. Henry. Caspian. Stanley. Justice. Dexter. Edmund. Thomas. Nathaniel. Forest. Oscar. Lucian. Peter.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9782360
    http://listography.com/sapphires

Here are my favorites. The rest are not my style.

Girls:
    Rowan
    Willow
    Coralie

Boys:
    Asher
    Tobias
    Jasper
    Sebastien

Current crushes:
    Girls: Adelaide, Eloise, Fiona, Margaux, Nora, Julia, Molly
    Boys: Benjamin, Levi, Miles/Milo, Sebastian, Theo/Theodore, James, Remi/Remy

1st off congrats on #5.
    2nd your style is nothing like mine, but so I'll do my best to be objective and consider each name as part of your existing sib-set and hopefully within your style.

Aubriella Braelyn, Kaia Avalon, Aidyn Ryker, and Taylee-Rose Amethyst.

Girls:
    Lyric - I actually really like Lyric and Lyra. I think both would be beautiful additions and match nicely with Kaia's shorter name.
    Rhiannon - This feels out of place and life-less when compared to your other kids names.
    Acacia - I could see this working well with your other kids names.
    Ellowyn - like pp mentioned I prefer Ellowen but think that the Ellowyn spelling seems more appropriate for you. However, it is much softer all the way around then any of your other kids names - each of which have a slightly punchy sound to it.
    Rowan - Similar sound issues as Ellowyn.
    Aviana - I think this would be a great addition to your family. I'd avoid it as a mn as I think it's a little close to Avalon, but I think it could really sparkle as a fn.
    Irelyn - I dislike this so much I don't think I can look at this objectively. Are you trying to for a different spelling of Ireland? It looks and feels off. Your other kids who have the y added in places where it makes sense but in this case I find it confusing and very distracting.
    Genesis - I just met a Genesis and she was such a lovely and sparkling person. I still find it weird as a fn though. It would make a great mn.
    Makenna - a little boring. You've got more original ones listed here.
    Willow - Too 'normal' -> I think you've got better.
    Coralie - Obviously adore Coralie (see below), however, Coralie feels like she would stick out like a sore thumb. She's a lot more classic and romantic than any of your other girls.
    Taryn - I haven't seen this name in a while. I like that it's a great mix between fairly traditional and yet so completely unexpected and modern. What a great name for you.
    Alyxia - I understand why you would want to add the y in but this looks like a word-jumble to me. Alexia would be my preferred spelling and I think it still works well with your other kiddos names. I actually think it could be a great middle name for Taryn. Taryn Alexia.
    Jewel - This doesn't feel special and different enough for you. I think you've got better options on your list.
    Sienna - This doesn't feel special and different enough for you. I think you've got better options on your list.

Boys:
    Asher - I would probably avoid a second A- boys name. It also has the emphasis on the same syllable as Aidyn. I think you can probably find something more distinctive that fits better.
    Tobias -
    Chanson - I think Chance would be a better fit. Chanson feels a little unnecessarily wordy somehow.
    Evander - I really like Evander but it feels a bit mismatched for you.
    Merrick - Maverick feels more fun to me.
    Jasper - I love Jasper. Wish it sounded good in German.
    Brycen - Surprised to find Brycen on your list. I know a Bryce and he's pretty kick-ass and nerdy. I also just finished audio-booking through a Bill Bryson book and thus prefer Bryson spelling because of that. Brycen feels like you added an extra -n to the name.
    Sebastien - This feels a bit odd with your other kids names. Too normal or something. I can't really put my finger on it.
    Maxson - This feels like a great addition to your family.
    Atreyu - If you want to name a son after the band - go for it. Otherwise I'd advise against it, since it is the most popular answer for an online search.
    Rune - While this feels a bit more feminine to me than masculine though I guess it's really unisex.
    Torin - This could be a fun addition to your existing sib-set.
    Dracen/Draeson (undecided on spelling) - I'd go for Draeson, it feels fun and spunky.
    Alexavier - Is there a reason you don't want just Xavier? This looks too much like a smoosh name to me.
    Soren - Aidyn and Soren feel a bit mismatched to me. One so modern the other traditional.

Suggestion: I love Cyan/Cyane but it never really fits with my other loves. It feels like it could be right up your aisle though.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Thanks for the replies so far.

lexiem- I actually have Cyan/Cyanna on my long list, but it's very similar to our last name, and there's other names I like much more, but thanks for the suggestion.
    ~Meaghan Marie (26) & John Michael (27)~
    ~ Aubriella Braelyn (1/20/07) ~ Kaia Avalon (10/28/2008) ~ Aidyn Ryker (10/13/09) ~
    ~ Taylee-Rose Amethyst (1/22/12) ~ Lyric Amelie (7/27/13) ~ Baby #6 due (9/21/14) ~

Coralie ~ Rhiannon ~ Rowan ~ Guinevere ~ Taryn ~ Aveline ~ Saoirse ~ Ember ~ Aspen ~ Acacia
    Asher ~ Evander ~ Tobias ~ Merrick ~ Jasper ~ Avery ~ Sebastien ~ Rune ~ Emrys ~ Atreyu