Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Seeley

I've never watched Bones, so I have no association with Seeley Booth, so I really can't answer your question However, I think Seeley sounds attractive for a guy.
    Just the other day I was introduced to the Welsh name Sulien, pronounced SEE-lee-en and meaning "sun-born." I found it attractive and thought Seeley could make a cool nickname.

By the way, I do believe that the similarity between Seeley and "silly" is no coincidence. Seeley can mean "fortunate" or "blessed," coming from the word selig. Selig, or a cousin thereof, is also the root of the word "silly," which originally meant "blessed." Our current usage of "silly" as a synonym of goofy, or childishly funny, has been acquired over the years.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Quote Originally Posted by mclola View Post
    I sort of like it, but only because of Bones. Whenever I say it I think of Sealy mattresses
    This, exactly. You say "Seeley" I think "Posturpedic."

Edit to add: I think "Booth" is nice for a boy if you love the show....
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)

I LOVE Seeley! It's a top contender for our baby if it turns out to be a boy. We have it paired up as Seeley Chester, but Seeley Matthew is a gorgeous combo. I don't think it would be related to Bones in the future, and even if it was, I don't think it's a huge deal. A lot of people share names with characters, both common and unique names like Seeley. I don't really see it as being a big issue. And I do love the simple meaning of Seeley: "happy". Good luck.

The only Seeley I ever knew was a girl.

She was this tiny, all bones little thing. The smallest girl on the cheerleading squad.
    Last edited by ninanoo; April 28th, 2013 at 06:55 PM.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

Honestly, it makes me think of a Sealy mattress upon hearing it.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~