Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeley

I actually like Seeley. It's in my top 20 for a boy but I won't be able to use it as it sounds awful with my last name (also ending with a strong "ee" sound). And even if other people do think of "Bones", Seeley Booth is such a masculine, interesting character.

I think the right person could make this masculine. My problem with it is the sound and that it feels a bit surname-y. Perhaps Sweeney, if you can get over the Sweeney Todd association.
    19 year old name lover with impeccable taste (◡‿◡✿)

I like Seeley a lot. Great character on Bones and I really like the name on its own. I am really tired of so many boy names being dubbed "soft" or "feminine". I say go for it.... he and Sequoia can hang out together (BTW I love the names in your signature!)
    Current Favorite Names for Little Beastie due October 2014:

Sequoia Gideon
    Cytheria Dwyn

I never heard of Seeley until Seeley Booth, so the name seems very masculine to me. If I heard it before Bones, maybe I would feel it was less masculine, not sure, I just picture a strong, good looking, FBI agent. A soft sounding name on a boy/man is not a negative to me. Seeley Matthew is handsome. I think Nils and Seeley would be a great sibling set.
    ♥ My family is complete, I love helping with baby names and discussing names. ♥

I like Seeley (I should admit I'm a huge Bones fan). However, I think without that connection, the name might not sound as manly to me. It's cute and quirky, but I can see some teasing potential.
    TTC #1