Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ianthe or Ariadne

I'm just wondering what people's general opinions are of the two names. I really like Ianthe and Ariadne, I feel like aridane might be a bit of a mouthful though but I like the idea of using the nickname Rae. I can't decide which one I like better because both names sort of have the same vibe.

Ariadne by a landlise for me! More feminine and I like the nickname of rae
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose

Ianthe, definitely. I just haven't taken a liking to Ariadne (though I know it has many admirers) plus I'm partial to floral names anyway. Also, there is an ocean's worth of A names for girls... but it's much less common for a girl's name to begin with a sharp I (eye) sound.
    Boys: Ignatius, Hieronymus, Casimir, Osias, Ludovic, Hesperus, Calixto, Aurelius
    Girls: Amarantha, Jacintha, Isannah, Chrysantha, Jonquil, Oleanna, Esmeranda

Ianthe, for the reasons argenta_genova said.

I do like Ariadne, but it's started to wilt a little bit--maybe because of all the A and Ari names.

Love both, slightly prefer Ariadne.
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Estelle. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Frederic Levi
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Ambrose. Damien Alexei Orion