Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: February

Honestly, I don't mind February.

Many also wouldn't recognise January as a name, but January Jones pulls it off.

That said February is difficult to pronounce correctly and spell. Nor is it a name I can ever imagine choosing for my own child.

I guess I'll be the voice of dissent and say that I actually quite like it. I know a girl called September and it works really well on her, so I don't see why February can't work.

This thread is awesome! Not only is February one of my guilty pleasure names, but my name is Julia!

If I were you, I'd go with Julia February. You can call her Julie or Julia, and February would be a fun, original, meaningful middle name that she'd feel proud to have. If people can name their kids all kinds of obscure word-names, why can't February work?

It's all just a matter of people getting used to it. We all know people whose names we heard for the first time and cringed, and then once the person grew on us the name became lovely/normal.

I wouldn't go with February. I'm not a huge fan of month names, but this is one that would likely be laughed/scoffed at. I think it would be very hard on a child. Would you like your name to be February? Try going to Starbucks and ordering a coffee under the name and I think you'll change your mind.

Julie is a much better choice. Maybe something longer like Juliana or Julia.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Nathaniel

Pinterest | Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I love the suggestion of Julia February! Or Juliet February. February is way too harsh to stand on its own
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose