Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: February

I'd avoid naming your child February. My reason being - most people out there mispronounce February on a regular basis - Feb-u-airy instead of Feb-ru-ary!

If you LOVE it, use in as a middle name. Sure, other months pass as names all the time, but since February isn't often used as a name, it will most likely cause confusion. And often, people with longish names like having a nickname - there isn't a logical nickname for February.

I think it's pretty but I don't see it on an adult. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by aurra View Post
    In my opinion, February sounds very cute on a toddler, somewhat cute on a grade schooler, childish on a teenager and strange on an adult. April isn't just a month- Nameberry lists it as having the meaning 'second' in Latin. This is how the other months get away with being names- May, June and August are also not just months.
    I don't think February will be taken seriously on job applications, either.

Also, just as a side note, your post has a multitude of spelling errors. This is your first post and you are asking about a name that is very, very odd and attention grabbing. You already have a daughter who you need to name RIGHT NOW. Are you trolling?

If you aren't trolling and it's a bad judgement call, I apologize and suggest Julia February, Julissa February, Juliana February and Juliet February, though the flow on the latter is off.
    Sorry for the mistakes, my laptop has a serious case of sticking keyboard.

Does February not mean purification???

I am appreciate all the feedback and may need to face reality soon.

I wouldn't choose February as a name (especially if you child was actually born in February. Personally, I think it's better if someone is named June, for example, but were born in November). I agree with previous posters that Juliet would make a lovely name. Get a wriggle on!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Thank you all for your common sense replies, and your all probably right, my common scenes says your right; I guess.