Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: February

Hybrid View

February

I have a daughter who is now nearly 6 weeks old now an still has the name baby!

Evey one around me has an opinion on a name but I want to inflict her with the name February or Feb for short!!! I love the name but aware everyone around me hates it, but do not see why it is so different to April for example. I am reluctant to give her a name that will haunt her.

My second choice would be Julie which turns out everyone dislikes also, but does not seem to bring out the hatred February does
    Last edited by somewhere; March 16th, 2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: typos

February is a bit out there. While I can appreciate your reasoning, a lot of people will see a pretty huge difference between something like April, May, June, or August and February. It honestly doesn't sound like a name to me, sorry. What about something like Julia February? The classic Julia lends easily to the nn Julie, and you still get to use February, which you love. Or even Juliet February. Julie February could work, but it's a bit rhymey, so I find Julia/Juliet to work slightly better. Juliana February nn Julie could be nice, as well.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

In my opinion, Julie is much, much better than February. How about Julia or Juliet nickname- Julie. Who would have a problem with that?
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

As a personal name, February is so unexpected that it would be mistaken for the month. In contrast, people are familiar with April and May as girl names, so the same level of confusion would not occur. People would see "Feburary" on paperwork and think it must be a misplaced listing of the date or her month of birth. She would be questioned all the time about it, and have to clarify and correct people all her life.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

In my opinion, February sounds very cute on a toddler, somewhat cute on a grade schooler, childish on a teenager and strange on an adult. April isn't just a month- Nameberry lists it as having the meaning 'second' in Latin. This is how the other months get away with being names- May, June and August are also not just months.
    I don't think February will be taken seriously on job applications, either.

Also, just as a side note, your post has a multitude of spelling errors. This is your first post and you are asking about a name that is very, very odd and attention grabbing. You already have a daughter who you need to name RIGHT NOW. Are you trolling?

If you aren't trolling and it's a bad judgement call, I apologize and suggest Julia February, Julissa February, Juliana February and Juliet February, though the flow on the latter is off.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~