Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naming top-models

I am writing about a girl who works for a lingerie brand. I've already named her Kelsey, but I decided to include some other girls- her co-workers. As all models, they are skinny, long-haired and stunningly beautiful. I have got some name ideas for them but if you could tell me your opinion and suggestions, that would be great
    So...:
    Mackenzie - blue-eyed shy blond, she is still very young(19-22) but talented. She needs a uncommon middle name, I thought maybe Randall? Any ideas?
    Amanika [Needs Last Name] - she is from Kenya [/name] and speaks Swahili at home. She is such a femme fatale and tries to flirt with main character's SO.
    Georgia
    London
    Leighton
    Ayla/Isla
    Skyla
    Tabitha
    Nova/Neva
    Linnea
    Imogene
    Vivienne
    Bronwen
    Winifred
    Olive
    Blakely
    Lake/Lakelyn
    And last names:Livingston, Hicks, Beckett, Shannon, Perry, Levine, Sullivan.
    Any help would be wonderful. I also would like some ideas: which names make you think of models?(not already used). Thanks a lot and sorry for bad English.
    Last edited by mclevine; March 17th, 2013 at 02:07 AM.

How much research have you done on modeling and lingerie models? The more you do, the easier it can be.

What kind of lingerie are they wearing? Is like Aerie? Or Victoria's Secret?
    Young for a lingerie model is more like 16-17, definitely not 19-22. Barbara Palvin who is the newest VS Angel is 18, but she was modeling lingerie before that.

South Africans do not speak Swahili, unless they're originally from a different country that does. Afrikaans is the language of S.A.

Model like names to me are: London, Leighton, Isla, Nova, Bronwen.

You could also try looking at the types of names in the modeling world already, the models I know of are named:
    Cara, Alessandra, Adriana, Karolina, Gemma, Lily, Kate, Candice, Chanel, Selita, Izabel, Barbara, Rosie, Erin, Behati. (Bolded ones are lingerie models)

Mackenzie Randall is a nice name. Not super striking but it could work
    Amanika Bohlman? Huth?
    Ayla/Isla - I like this one as a model name
    Nova/Neva - Nova could also work well

Others:
    Magdalena, Siri, Olga, Cassia, Gemma, Freja, Ines, Daria, Anja, Sasha

check out this site, lots of up and coming models with some discussion of them
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by east93 View Post
    How much research have you done on modeling and lingerie models? The more you do, the easier it can be.

What kind of lingerie are they wearing? Is like Aerie? Or Victoria's Secret?
    Young for a lingerie model is more like 16-17, definitely not 19-22. Barbara Palvin who is the newest VS Angel is 18, but she was modeling lingerie before that.

South Africans do not speak Swahili, unless they're originally from a different country that does. Afrikaans is the language of S.A.
    I agree with all this. Also, 19-22 is old in the modelling world, and most of the girls are young teenagers from poor Eastern European countries.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

I don't pretend to know a lot about the modeling world, but I do believe lingerie modeling is slightly different in terms of age and preferred body type than haute couture modeling. For the latter, augusta is right-- they tend to start as 13-15yos and most come from Russia and Eastern Europe. Lingerie models are a bit older and more voluptuous, so I think it's perfectly plausible that the cohort would be in their late teens to mid twenties.

However, the names you selected sound like a local cheerleading squad rather than a cadre of glamorous international models. I would focus on the sorts of names that east93 listed-- feminine, Slavic/Italianate type names.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq