Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

running out of names

This is my first time posting....We are expecting baby #7 next month and really don't have anything that we love yet. We don't find out gender and usually have a list of a few names at least for both boy and girl to chose from. However, it just doesn't feel like there is something to use at this point.
    Let me start by giving you our other kids names:
    Caleb Josiah
    Isaiah Logan
    Elijah Isaac
    Charis Zariah
    Micah *(angel baby-gender unknown)
    Selah Nariah

We didn't start out with a plan to have the similarities, but in the beginning all the names we liked seemed to fit that pattern (-ah or -iah ending name, and 5 syllables total). Now it feels strange if we break from that.

Here are some names that we have tossed around, no particular first or middle order. Please feel free to add or improve on. (Meaning is also something we take into consideration).

Girls
    Hava/Chava
    Tovah
    Raziah
    Zemira
    Xara/Chara
    Rhema
    Lael
    Aletheia
    Nesiah
    Meirah
    Elia/Eliora
    Dasia

Boys
    Seth (not a first)
    Nehemiah
    Zechariah
    Nathaniel
    Zadok
    Boaz
    Gideon
    Jeriah
    Tobiah
    Jireh
    Lazarus
    James (not a first)

These are just what we haven't completely thrown out....hubby doesn't like some and I don't like some...help Please!
    Last edited by salyluz; March 18th, 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Any thoughts on what sounds best out of these? Or other possibilities? Any help narrowing it down would be great... I am feeling stressed about it since I am due beginning of April.

Hmm..seems like Bible names for the boys and spiritual/biblical ideas for girls?
    Most of your girls names are pretty obscure and I am not sure what the pronunciation would be of them all but I think...
    Xara is nice but Chara is way too close to Charis.
    Other thoughts
    Ezekiel Seth
    Lemuel James
    Sarai Nesiah
    Adah (prn. AHDah not Ada) Elia
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    For the girls, Lael is my favorite, followed by Nesiah and Tova. I also like Aziza for you.
    For the boys, my favorite is Gideon or Tobiah. I like some of your other choices, particularly Zechariah and Nehemiah, but they sound a little overwrought next to your other boys' names.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

For a boy, I'd do Nathaniel Tobiah or Gideon Tobiah

From your girl's list, I like Nesiah, but I think it would be a bit too much to have another -iah first name in the family and would thus limit it to a middle name. Lael Nessiah or Tovah Nesiah sound the best to me.

You might like:
    Peninah
    Aviva
    Yaffa
    Dahlia
    Keziah
    Mariah

Noam
    Oren/Ori
    Reuben

Just wanted to clarify how you're pronouncing Nessiah. I'm thinking NESS-yuh? I know someone with this name (and this pronunciation), but spelled Nesyah. I don't have a preference between these spellings, but I would prefer this pronunciation to, say, ness-EYE-uh.
    Last edited by raptreverie; March 17th, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Loving right now:
    Eulalie Catherine, Cordelia Iseult, Cosima Beatrix, Cecily Morgana
    Ivo Marius, Euan Casper, Remy Nathaneal, Crispin Adair