Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebyanyothername View Post
    Hmm..seems like Bible names for the boys and spiritual/biblical ideas for girls?
    Most of your girls names are pretty obscure and I am not sure what the pronunciation would be of them all but I think...
    Xara is nice but Chara is way too close to Charis.
    Other thoughts
    Ezekiel Seth
    Lemuel James
    Sarai Nesiah
    Adah (prn. AHDah not Ada) Elia
    Thank you for the thoughts. I put the links into the names so they would be easier to find and see pronunciation on. I had both Ezekiel and Lemuel and hubby vetoed...I like the sound of Adah, but my niece is Addy and I am not sure how I feel about the similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by roseymaam View Post
    For the girls, Lael is my favorite, followed by Nesiah and Tova. I also like Aziza for you.
    For the boys, my favorite is Gideon or Tobiah. I like some of your other choices, particularly Zechariah and Nehemiah, but they sound a little overwrought next to your other boys' names.
    I am pretty much on the same page as you here...I agree that another long iah first name will be tough (we are already a little tounge tied when calling kids...). I do like Tobiah though. I am pushing for Gideon, but hubby isn't on board.

Quote Originally Posted by raptreverie View Post
    For a boy, I'd do Nathaniel Tobiah or Gideon Tobiah

From your girl's list, I like Nesiah, but I think it would be a bit too much to have another -iah first name in the family and would thus limit it to a middle name. Lael Nessiah or Tovah Nesiah sound the best to me.

You might like:
    Peninah
    Aviva
    Yaffa
    Dahlia
    Keziah
    Mariah

Noam
    Oren/Ori
    Reuben

Just wanted to clarify how you're pronouncing Nessiah. I'm thinking NESS-yuh? I know someone with this name (and this pronunciation), but spelled Nesyah. I don't have a preference between these spellings, but I would prefer this pronunciation to, say, ness-EYE-uh.
    We probably would stick to the ness-EYE-uh, but most likely as a middle. Keziah was on the list and it got nixed. I like Peninah, unfortunately hubby sees things slightly different than me and hears something else when this is said...

Thank you, thank you...this is really helpful to see if we are at least headed in a right direction.

Love Lael! Has Jerusha or Zipporah been on your list? Lael Jerusha or Lael Zipporah are both lovely. I like Gideon and Boaz. I am also a fan of Malachi and Zebulun. Gideon Tobiah and Boaz James. Malachi James and Zebulun Tobiah.
    Lover of names: Classic, Literary, Historical, or whatever strikes my fancy!

Current loves- Ada, Iris, Beata, Minna/James, Milo, Dermot, Ewan

I love your name list!

Of the boys' names, I really like Boaz and Gideon. Maybe Boaz Tobiah or Gideon Ari?

Girls names are always harder for me but I love Tovah and Chava and Aviva.

I appreciate the additional ideas and thoughts on these name lists. I have been struggling just to narrow them down as the birth got closer. We had a baby boy on April 11th, so now at least I can work with just the one list....But, I am still unsure and my time to submit paperwork is dwindling. I was pushing for Tobiah, Zadok or Gideon together or not, but hubby is not on board with those for whatever reason. I have ruled out Lazurus, Jireh, and James (my sister is naming her daughters mn Jaymes).
    So that leaves
    Seth
    Nehemiah
    Zechariah
    Boaz
    Nathaniel
    Jeriah

Nehemiah Seth has been on the list for about 9yrs and was going to be our 6yr old sons name, but when he was born hubby felt he was not a Nehemiah, but an Elijah.
    Pros-liked for a long time, fits our "theme" (probably too much), and has a good meaning.
    Cons-long, not much variety for pairing a one syllable mn, initials are NSA (not bad, just kinda weird...)

What are some other middle name possibilities? (1 syll)

I know it feels weighty against some of the other boys now, so I thought we should at least have an alternative.

We are both fine with Jeriah as well. I couldn't get hub to agree on a non -iah first name that he liked enough...
    Jeriah Enoch (added today...)
    Pros-2 syllables for easier flow, more variety for mn's
    Cons-possibility for nn Jer, Jerry are there and wouldn't love that, new to the list

What are some other 2 syll mn's?

I don't know why I have such a problem with names....I feel that they are important and really want to find just the right one for each child that is also something we like saying. It's like believing there is just one soul mate for everyone vs. the one you marry is your soul mate. Maybe the perfect name is what you name them and until then it is just a name...
    Last edited by salyluz; April 15th, 2013 at 02:18 AM.

Congrats on the baby!

Here is just a list of by biblical/hebrew names:

Amos
    Ezra
    Matan
    Moses
    Obadiah (Obi)
    Shaya
    Ari
    Sampson
    Solomon
    Saul