Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Zion Nathaniel? Or something else entirely?

I've been vacillating back and forth all over the place about my Zion combo. Zion has been my number one boy name for 10 years, and for the past three or so, I've been pairing it with Nathaniel. But it's only been in the last two years or thereabouts that I've really discovered my "naming style" so to speak. Now I worry that Zion Nathaniel is out of place with potential siblings Alice Willow, Caspian (middle TBD), Solomon Fable, and Ophelia Fawn (I've also been crushing on Malachi nn Kai, Gideon Wolf, and Lucy Morwenna lately).

I have a couple threads floating out there in the Berry-verse trying to find inspiration for a new middle, but I almost feel like I'm more confused than when I started. I said I wanted something rugged and spiritual, but a fellow Berry wisely pointed out to me that Zion IS rugged and spiritual, so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree on that one. I also learned that there's a very controversial side to Zion due to the Zionist movement, so another incredibly wise suggestion was to find a middle that means peace or love, or something healing and compassionate. I really, really like this idea, but it feels like such a turnaround from my original request for rugged masculine energy.

So clearly, I'm confused. Should I stick with Zion Nathaniel? Should I go for something strong and mountainous and masculine? Should I go for something softer to fit in with my generally ethereal (hypothetical) sibset? What about the idea of choosing something with a very positive, peaceful, healing meaning...any suggestions along these lines?

Berries rock my socks Thank you in advance!

~terminally mixed-up indecisive Sesshie
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Darling, I want to help but I'm not sure I can. I quite like Zion Nathaniel, although it feels very holy compared to your other names. But Solomon Fable feels very somber and solemn to me as well. So I don't know. And I have not one ounce of (creative) energy left in me, but after all the help you've given me I feel like I should help. Maye creative butterflies will be back in a month or so, and if you haven't found the perfect combo by then, I can help.

For now I'm throwing out Zion Cosimo/Cosmos/Cosmo.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Sweetie, you have an actual little one to name at the moment, whereas I am just daydreaming. There is no comparison and certainly no reason for you to feel bad! You spend all your creative juices on your little otter-baby ::hugs:: I'll be dreaming for a good long while yet!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I like both Zion Nathaniel and Nathaniel Zion and really feel like it would be a great brother to Alice Willow or Solomon Fable.
    I'm with Otter on this one. You've loved Zion for such a long time, and you've been pairing it with Nathaniel for for three years, unless you wake up and find that you are bored or started hating it I wouldn't mess with it. It's beautiful and really not that far out there from your other choices of a traditional name paired with a more word name. Don't worry about the fact that Zion is more spiritual/religious than Fable or Willow.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysessha View Post
    Sweetie, you have an actual little one to name at the moment, whereas I am just daydreaming. There is no comparison and certainly no reason for you to feel bad! You spend all your creative juices on your little otter-baby ::hugs:: I'll be dreaming for a good long while yet!
    Thanks, dear, but none the less here are some more (actually Boyfriend's suggestions, he's apparently been stalking your threads lately!):
    Haze - "thin mist". The calm of late spring mornings.
    Tranquil
    Taliesin - Ceridwen's son, means "shining". Also a Welsh bard who wrote (at least parts) of the haunting poem "The Battle of the Trees".

That's it for now. But I'm on board with Nathaniel, you truly love it. That is the most important thing (and seriously, if you have let's say a Zion Nathaniel, Solomon Fable, Ophelia Fawn and Alice Willow and Zi feels left out cause he doesn't have a word name - dude, he has his mother finding his name in the most mystical dream! How cool is that?)
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]