Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has the royal baby been named?

I just read an article on the Inquisitor that the baby will be named Elizabeth Diana Carole. Not sure if it's official, but I love the name.
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

I highly doubt it:

A) they don't yet know the gender
    B) they never release the name until after the baby is born
    C) the Queen has to approve any name chosen
    D) the Queen is apparently reluctant to have any girl named named after her
    E) Carole and Diana are unlikely middles
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

They've just taken the most likely names and put them together. Same thing happened when Sophie was expecting little Lady Louise. There were rumours they'd name her Elizabeth Mary Helen, and they didn't, they named her Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    I highly doubt it:

A) they don't yet know the gender
    B) they never release the name until after the baby is born
    C) the Queen has to approve any name chosen
    D) the Queen is apparently reluctant to have any girl named named after her
    E) Carole and Diana are unlikely middles
    Don't quite agree that the Queen have to approve of the names, I think she has enough faith in William and Catherine to trust that they're naming the baby something sane and appropriate. However, I do think that if they come and tell her that they've chosen to name the baby Mykenzie Rainbow Skye, she'll politely tell them to f*** off.

Also, I'd say that Carole and Diana are very likely middles. None of them are names that I'm particularly fond of, but I can see why they would honour both grandmothers (I do hope they'll do it by using Caroline and Frances or Eleanor though).
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Don't quite agree that the Queen have to approve of the names, I think she has enough faith in William and Catherine to trust that they're naming the baby something sane and appropriate. However, I do think that if they come and tell her that they've chosen to name the baby Mykenzie Rainbow Skye, she'll politely tell them to f*** off.

Also, I'd say that Carole and Diana are very likely middles. None of them are names that I'm particularly fond of, but I can see why they would honour both grandmothers (I do hope they'll do it by using Caroline and Frances or Eleanor though).
    She does have to approve the names of future heirs, just like she has to approve marriages. I tried to find the official website where it said it, but I can't remember which one it is And I remember reading that when Viscount Severn was born, his name was run past the Queen first. But yeah, it's not likely that she'd have issues with anything they'd pick, unless it was completely ridiculous. Or the FN was Diana :/

As for Carole and Diana- I just don't think they are likely, at least for the first born. The eldest child is usually given very safe, traditional royal names. I think Diana is more likely than Carole, but probably for a second daughter (if this baby is a girl), especially as there has been so much controversy surrounding Diana. I cannot see them using Carole at all. If they want to honour Carole and Charles, they'd use Caroline or Charlotte; Carole is so dated to the 40s-60s.

But who knows, perhaps I'm totally wrong :P
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

The Queen has to approve of the name, PP is right. The Queen has to give approval before the name is selected and released to the public. Its Royal protocol.

I also highly doubt they'd go with something as generic and expected as Elizabeth Diana Carole.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Ivy, Maya, Rosabel, Victoria, Alice, Molly, Juliet, Annabel, Sofia.
    Charlie, Arthur, William, Isaac, Noah, Finn, Vincent, Alexander, Zachary, Oscar.