Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Can you put Fleur with one of your other fantastic names? Eleni for example? I think Lou is perfect in that combo, it adds the perfect cuteness at the end of the beauty parade!
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Hmm...
    I love Catherine she's so elegant and pretty, especially with the family association. Catherine Eliora sounds very sweet and I like the contrast of Catherine with Eliora. My favourites are Catherine Eliora Fleur, I think the friend association is lovely and touching (sorry for your loss) along with the fact that Fleur is a lovely name and sounds beautiful with Catherine Eliora. I also love Catherine Eliora Pearl which sounds ultimately very light and vintage. Thirdly my last favourite is Catherine Eliora Lux for the double light meaning and how Lux rounds the name nicely.

xxx

ottilie, I agree, I just love Catherine Eliora Lou together! I don't know, with most of my combos, the second MN is generally a one-syllable family name (Isabelle Aurora Grace, Arianne Eleanor Kate, Violet Ophelia Claire, Liliana Odette Pearl, Charlotte Olive Jane, etc.). I actually could do Eleni Giovanna Fleur, though; I'll have to toss around that idea! Much as I loved Millie and want to pass on a part of her to my children, I don't want to sacrifice honoring my own family, too, which is why whenever I liked a combo with Fleur in it, I always opted for the family name instead. I'm pretty attached to my combos as they are right now, but I could do Liliana Odette Fleur or Eleni Giovanna Fleur or Rachel Evangeline Fleur in theory. I just don't know if I love them to quite the extent as I love my current combos. I'll have to think about it.
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

Well, I do like Eleni Giovanna Fleur. But here's an idea; Fleur means flower, Violet is a flower. Subtle honouring?
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Well, I do like Eleni Giovanna Fleur. But here's an idea; Fleur means flower, Violet is a flower. Subtle honouring?
    I hadn't thought of that. Her nn from her grandfather was Fleurette, which was why Fleur seemed so perfect, but she was such a Parisienne at heart, she was French through and through, and most of my combos have at least one French name in them (plus, she almost named one of her daughters Charlotte, and her sister's mn is Odette, which is a MN on my list). I'd love to get to Fleur one day, but even if I don't, I feel like I have little nods to her all over my list.

ETA: I just thought of this--I still have my Tess combo to pair up! I had thought that if I used a family middle, I really wouldn't have any options for Millie, but it just hit me that I could do something like Tess Amelia or Tess Agatha Mae--which could both tie fairly easily to her name, and have family ties for me...
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; March 17th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus