Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I would deffinetly use the name of a favorite character as long as it wasn't too connected to said character (I like @hazysummerskies example of Satine and Hermione.) But I would use family names too. I like names to have a story to them, as well as a connection. Both of my siblings have stories behind their names- Amris because Dad misread a color card and liked it, Beth for Mom; Roger for Dad and Grandfather and Perry for Mom- but my parents just liked my name. No big deal, I just wish there was something like "I read a book in college with the character Athena, blah blah blah."
    So to sum up: Yes, I would use character and family names as long as there was a story behind it.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

We went the movie route with baby number one, Maximus: Gladiator, 2000; and then Alexander [the Great]. Next time, we're thinking of honoring hubby's father, mother and sister. But we do like a lot of random names as well.
    Maximus Alexander (April 2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (August 2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

I would definitely name my child after a fictional series!

Right now I'm loving Cordelia from Anne of Green Gables - perhaps Alice Cordelia or Cordelia Holly? I also like Genevieve from the Madeline series (even though she's a dog). And Jane - for Jane Austen. My favorite name of all time (Eleanor) is also used by Jane Austen and L.M. Montgomery, so that's definitely a plus on my list!

As for boys, I really like Edmund from the C.S. Lewis Narnia series. And Joseph from L.M. Montgomery - "the race that knows Joseph" is used synonymous -ly with "kindred spirits." And Gilbert. I love Gil! Oh, and Henry. He's used in Jane Austen, L.M. Montgomery, and the Boxcar Children (the series that taught me how to read).
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling

Funnily enough - both boys have names that are from literature.

My partner sort of 'agreed' to them as they are also characters from his favourite anime (didn't know that!), but I got the name from the legend of Tristan and Isolde and the book/movie Stardust for our eldest and for our youngest it's from the bible story of Noah and the Ark.

The names we got for the next children are all inspired from literature/movies/games too: Alice in Wonderland, Twilight, The Time Travellers Wife, Final Fantasy, Claymore and many many more.

Yay! Glad I'm not the only one! There are so many lovely names bestowed on characters from all over!