Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Oh Jane Eyre made me adore sweet Jane! And even better my Great-Aunt is a Janet so it is honouring her as well

I would consider using Jane Austen characters or characters from musicals, movies, and novels I love which aren't too attached to the character.

For example, I would use Jane, Lydia, or Elizabeth from Pride & Prejudice, but I wouldn't use Hermione or Severus from Harry Potter. Likewise, I would use Christine from The Phantom of the Opera, but I wouldn't use Satine from Moulin Rouge. I just wouldn't want to use names too closely associated with a figure in pop culture.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who would consider naming a child after a literary character or movie/tv character! I'm absolutely considering naming my future daughter Aurora Leigh, after the epic poem of the same name by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. I adore the name and character! And using the nickname Rory will tie in my favourite character in my absolute favourite tv show: Rory Leigh Gilmore from Gilmore Girls! I'm just debating if it works with my husbands last name (sounds like Perry). Thanks for the responses!!

Quote Originally Posted by hazysummerskies View Post
    I would consider using Jane Austen characters or characters from musicals, movies, and novels I love which aren't too attached to the character.

For example, I would use Jane, Lydia, or Elizabeth from Pride & Prejudice, but I wouldn't use Hermione or Severus from Harry Potter. Likewise, I would use Christine from The Phantom of the Opera, but I wouldn't use Satine from Moulin Rouge. I just wouldn't want to use names too closely associated with a figure in pop culture.
    Jane Austen characters have a lot of beautiful classic names! Love them!

Quote Originally Posted by agent99 View Post
    I'm actually named after a character/person in real life and I love the connection!
    I'm really glad to see this!! If I do decide to name my daughter after a beloved character, I hope she enjoys the reasoning and connection!