Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cool Named after characters in book or movies?

My family is really big on using family names in the MN spot with a "new" name in the FN spot. Aside from my future first born son, I'm really not attached to any family names for girls or other boys. I do however like a lot of names that are associated with favourite book characters or tv characters.

My question - when choosing your child's name, did you go with the family route? Random names? Or did any of you name your kids after favourite characters? Or would you consider using a name of a favourite character?

I would definitely consider the use of a favorite characters name, but i think that if you are going to do this, you should stick to books so that the actor/actress who played that character does not get associated with the child.
    Some book characters names that i ABSOLUTELY adore are as follows:
    Luna
    Cedric
    Jane
    Tris
    Alice
    Primrose (Prim for short... its a little obvious where this one came from)
    thanks!!!!!

Well my mom made me promise when I was 10 that i'd use a specific family name as the middle for my first child, and since i'd only like one that leaves no middle name choosings. As far as the first name, we have free reign and if I fell in love with a character's name it would definitley bd a possibility. That's how I discovered Keiren
    Due 2/2/15

I've noticed that in almost all of my favourite combos, there is a name that honours my heritage (which is very suiting since I strongly intend to move out of the country once I've finished my education, and preferably stay out). I'd love to have the courage to name my future kid one of my favourite names from ASOIAF (Rhaenys, Visenya, Margaery, Viserys, Rhaegar and Renly), but I don't know if that's a stretch (I can't imagine it would be very fun to be named Viserys either because Viserys Targaryen was the actual worst).
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Viserys Targaryen was the actual worst.
    Wasn't Viserys (brother to Daenerys) named after a good ancestor Viserys? Names get recycled a lot in ASOIAF it's hard to remember x_x
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.