Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

First baby - the pressure of the perfect name! Your opinion valued

Hi
    This is my first time posting here - I have been spying on names for the past couple of years. I have been in love with names since a young age which is funny since I wasn't bothered about actually having kids. Anyways, after thinking we possibly couldn't have children of our own - BAM - we are having a baby!! I am almost 19 weeks so lots of time to select the perfect name - however we want just that - the perfect name. We won't be finding out if we are having a boy or girl and I want to narrow it down to a top two for each and then meet the little one before selecting the name.

We like traditional, unique names, however a name that people can spell and aren't like - 'what is your name?!'. So far our shortlist is the following. Please let me know what your top 2 are from our list and and also share your suggestions. For a first name we will ideally would not have a name in the top 10 (we live in Canada) and ideally not in the top 100; however that may not be possible as some we love are somewhat popular. Apart from where we have given an alternative Kate will be a girl middle name in honour of one of my aunts. Boys mn likely to be John or John Paul (husband grandad and my dad and cousin), but we aren't set on that. The baby will have a very short three letter last name that is pretty simple so we are looking for a strong first name. My husband is funny about what the potential nickname will be and tests out all of the options whenever I put forward a name!

This is so exciting and I can't wait for your opinions!

Girls names:
    Mabel Mary True (one of my front runners - not loved by my husband. Mary is a popular family name)
    Imogen Kate (our joint fave)
    Octavia Kate
    Briar Grace/Briar Kate (husband doesn't like this name)
    Beatrix Kate
    Esme Kate
    Tamsin (however hate Tammy as a nn)
    Saorise (Gaelic and one of the names that goes againt my rule of being able to pronounce in Canada - however I have Irish grandparents)

Boys names:
    Gabriel John Paul or Gabriel Benson- nn Gabe
    George
    Arthur
    Theodore
    Tobias
    Xander
    Deacon
    Samuel

Congratulations!

My favourite is Imogen Kate definitely. So lovely. I also like Beatrix Kate and Tamsin. And for the boys, I really like Gabriel Benson, Arthur, Theodore, Tobias and Samuel. I am really interested by Saorise but I don't know how to say it ha, sorry!

Best Wishes x

Good luck with your pregnancy and name choices! You've got some good ones here. You asked for the two favorites from each list are...

Girls:
    Briar Grace - GREAT! beautiful flow, sweet sound, uncommon, personally I'd double-barrel it and call her both!
    Mabel Kate - I know it's not a combo you had, but clearly you love Kate, and Mabel is nice.
    I assume you must not want Mary Kate for some reason, since Mary is a family name and Kate is a favorite, and you didn't list it. (The Olsen resemblance?)

Boys:
    Gabriel Benson - LOVE the name Gabriel, Benson is such a nice sounding middle.
    Tobias Arthur - Tobias is so handsome, nn Toby is adorable!!, Arthur is such a solid, refined middle name.

Hi - the olsen connection is totally why I hadn't gone for the mary kate combination!! Mabel Kate is good food for thought.
    Never thought of Tobias Arthur together - I like it!

Hi
    It's pronounced seer + sha - it means freedom/liberty in gaelic which I think is beautiful!
    Thanks for your thoughts!