Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

London...too "cheap" feeling?

I absolutely love the name London, it's got a great feel and imagery to me, and I like the idea of the nn Elle for it.

Unfortunately, I can understand why and how others see it as tacky, cheap, or any other negative.

What comes to your mind with the name London? Is it too "cheap" indeed? Is it as bad as Paris?
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto

I can only see it as the name of the biggest city in my country. I can't view it as cheap; it's the financial capital of England as well as the actual capital...
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Meh. I don't know, I don't really see it as cheap. I don't really see it as classy--like Juliet, Arabella, Penelope, Adelaide, Eloise, etc.--but I don't really see it as cheap, either. I think it's nice. I like the nns Elle and Lola for a girl. I honestly like it better for a boy, though. This past summer I met a guy named London and I thought that was seriously so cool!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Personally, I think it is one of the best place names. My kids are older and watch a lot of Disney Channel shows. There is a snooty, rich girl on the Suite Life series of shows named London. It's kind of a charicature name for me. I also think it's comparable in feel to Paris, which Paris Hilton definitely cheapened for me.

I think it's perfectly fine. I don't see it as cheap at all. Paris itself isn't a cheap name either. It just suffers from its attachment to Paris Hilton.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne