Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help! Name Needed for Baby Girl, Obstacles Abound, Serious Name Lovers- We Need You!

Hey you berries!

So, here is the dilemma. After months of operating under the presumption we were having a boy, turns out it's a little lady! Our boy's name was nice and settled. We never gave much thought to girls' names and now we are in a pickle.

Challenges galore:

1) I'm a teacher, and so am fatigued by popular names and very conscious of not wanting our little girl to be Charlotte B, and later on heaven forbid, Cute Charlotte, Ugly Charlotte..you know, whatever adjectives kids use to distinguish each other. It seems that all the names we both like are uber-popular: Charlotte, Amelia, Sophie, Alice, Caroline, et al.

Additionally, there's the teacher name curse of loving a name and then having a student with said name terrorize you! You can never go back and look at the name Shea the same... :?

2) My husband and I can't agree on anything! While I love off the beaten track names (Seraphina, Azalea, Posy, Dulcie, Theodora), he prefers 'well known' (Emma, Olivia) which often reads popular. See above issue.

3) My husband's family. He's one of seven, and his mom is one of eight, so a lot of names have already been taken at this point!

4) Nickname distaste. Both of us have a huge distaste for nicknames. The only name we could agree on, Adelaide, had to go out the window because my family insisted on calling her Addie.

I know it's a lot to work with, but it's our first and probably only (she is a bit of a miracle) baby. We would appreciate any help and guidance ya'll can bestow!

I had this same problem, except other gender way, and am a teacher who is the last of my friends to have a baby- hence the distinctively different name we chose.
    And Alice and Caroline are not that common I don't think.
    I'm going to blindly suggest:

Magnolia
    Ruby
    Beatrice
    Luella
    Elle
    Eloise
    Elise
    Isla
    Olive
    Vivian
    Emmeline
    Penelope
    Esther
    Eleanor
    Dahlia
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/ Liliana Wren/
    Osias Grey/ /August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn*

Some ideas:
    Elsa
    Louise
    Lena
    Thalia
    Gabrielle
    Adele (shorter than Adelaide, may be easier to avoid nn)
    Naomi or Noemi
    Mara
    Natalia
    Mallory
    Fiona
    Freya

My first thought for you was Olive.
    Other thoughts:
    Adalia
    Calla
    Elodie
    Esme
    Amara
    Magnolia
    Adele
    Elsa
    Rosalie
    Nora
    Leona

My girlfriend is an elementary school teacher so I know that we are going to have similar obstacles when the time comes to pick a name! Best of luck!
    One day...