Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Honoring Maiden Name

Hello all,

Recently I've been trying to find a way to honor my entire father's family by using my current last name (soon to be my maiden names) in the middle spot. The name is rather uncommon and has the word "Soleil" pronounced right in the middle of it (though spelled differently). My questions to you are:

Is this a good way of using my maiden name? Or should I just stick to the full last name?
    Should I use the Soleil spelling? Or go with how it's spelled in my name (Solais)?
    Is this a good middle name option in general?

I hope this is clear and thanks for all the help!

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Mark ~ Samuel ~ Jeremy ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Evan
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

I would use your full maiden name in the middle spot.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

I would go with how its spelled in your name, Solais. However, using your full maiden name would probably be fine just the same. I like when people honor their heritage, with a twist or using a name in full. Either way, I think its a great idea.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I really love Soleil. It is beautiful and reminds me of the spunky girl, Punky Brewster!

Thanks for the opinions everyone! Anyone else?

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Mark ~ Samuel ~ Jeremy ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Evan
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil