Names Searched Right Now:

Endymion? Could it work?

I was recently browsing through some Greek myths (as I do often) and I became particularly interested in the myth of Endymion. I have fallen in love with the myth...and the name. Now I'm all for 'out-there' names but this one seems to be the most 'out-there' of all my beloved boy names. However, I can't think of anything about Endymion that is bad...
    I even asked Theo about it and he loves it just as much as I do. Though he is even more concerned about any teasing that could stem from the name...

I would love to know what your honest thoughts are on Endymion. Do you see/hear anything in Endymion that could encourage teasing? If the feedback is fairly good then I am definitely putting it on the list. I can see it being a top contender for our little boy.

Also, I was thinking that Endy and Mio (rhymes with Leo) could be nice nicknames (though I course if I named my son Endymion I would call him by his full name as much as possible).

Thanks!
    Love, Claire
    ~~
    Fiancee to Robert "Theo” Theodore
    ~~
    Mama to Lucius "Loki"

Hmmm, it sounds great in theory, but on a real child it's always completely different. I know it wouldn't be accepted well where I live just because it IS so different and strange to most people. There would be so many pronunciation/spelling issues. People spend most of their lives as adults, so another thing you really have to think about is how it would sound on a 30 year old in the working world. As much as I love it, the sound, the history, I just can't see it being a successful moniker in today's society.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I think it works great as a middle name, but not so much as a first name.
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites May 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Clara, Juniper, Jane, Amelia, Arabella, Imogen, Beatrice, Charlotte
    the rest of the girls

William, Morgan, Jasper, Gilbert, Sebastian, Henry, Arthur, Horatio, Aloysius, Edgar
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Imogen Viola,/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos

I watched Sailor Moon when I was little so all I can think of is Tuxedo Mask (who is really Prince Endymion) so because of that I can't really see it working.... maybe as a middle