Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I would delegate Suza to nickname material, unfortunately. Especially because there are already so many great Susan variations already. Suzanne, specifically, or Susannah . Fun nickname, sturdy full... you can't really go wrong with that.

Best Wishes,

Mutant
    Mutant

Currently Loving: Wilson, Marvin, Archer, Sullivan, Zora, Leah, Evelyn, Edith.

I would totally go with the more formal name of Susan (or Susanna) and call her Suza as a nickname. People will assume Suza is a nn and she is bound to be asked about it a lot. I can't help but think having a more formal name to fall back on would be appreciated. I happen to really love the names Susan and Susanna(h). From your list of other considerations, I like Petra.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.

Susannah or Susan with nickname of Zuza!

I really like Petra and Mila from your list!
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose

Lover of names: Classic, Literary, Historical, or whatever strikes my fancy!

Current loves- Ada, Iris, Beata, Minna/James, Milo, Dermot, Ewan

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    If I met a kid named Suza, I would assume her parents were big into marching bands. I think that you and your husband are so far apart stylistically, that you're going to have to come up with a compromise. I think your best option, as others have said, is to come up with a traditional name that satisfies him with a quirky nn that you like.

How about:
    Susan/Susannah- nn Sosie, Zanna, Zuzu
    Beatrice/Beatrix- nn Trixie, Betsy, Bixie
    Elizabeth- nn Libby, Zibby
    Catherine- nn Kit
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe