Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I actually shivered when they announced his name-- I've always really admired St. Francis. I don't know that his choice will change things much in France and Italy, where François and Francesco are still pretty standard, classic choices, but I'd love to see Francis lose its namby-pamby image in the US. As for Frances... well, swoon. I've got a soft-spot for Frances.

Interestingly enough, I've been to Italy one time and know exactly two Italian people. One is Francesco, and the other is Francesco's brother Gianpaolo. I wonder if their mother knew that one day she's have two papal namesakes in her house!

I like Francis for a boy but only as a middle name. Francis has a special meaning in my family.

Francis is a great starting place as far as name inspiration is concerned, as there are so many variations, especially with international appeal. Opinions (mostly positive) of the new pope aside, it's a fun moment in NAMING history, that's for sure =)
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Francis is a lovely name, so is Francois (and Francoise for a girl).

Here in Denmark, the new Pope is called "Frans" which is our variation of Francis.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I hope to see a lot more babies named Francis (or any other variant). Personally, I'd use Francisco as a middle name to honor our pope.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly