Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Yes! I do believe you will see many more little Fran, Frances, Francine, Francie, Franny, Francesca, Francis, Frank & more in the months to come. I'm overjoyed to see the Pope's chosen name as Francis I. You have no idea! Francis/Frances is a very special namesake in our family and we will be honoring it in some way very soon!

I was waiting to see which name the new pope would pick! I'm not Catholic but I find Catholic naming choices so interesting. I think St. Francis of Assisi is a great namesake and I'm sort of excited that he went outside the box a wee bit.

And oh, goodness, I hope there isn't an upswing in Frankie names. I know way too many Franciscos/Francescas as it is! It's a nice name, I'm just tired of hearing it.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

@bb19 - I have an actor uncle in my family who was christened Francis Michael (aka Uncle Frank) so the name is very special in my family too.

@ashthedreamer - do you live in a place with a large Hispanic or Italian population? I don't hear Francisco or Francesca very much.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I really think the new Pope made a wonderful choice in honoring St. Francis of Assisi! He who loved the poor and could communicate with nature! It is a breath of fresh air!

I will love to see the variations of Francis being used more for our little ones. My very favorite name crush, and my little niece, is Francine, whose patron is St. Francis of Assisi. It is an honor that Pope Francis has used that name sake.

I am not Catholic, but I must say, I am quite impressed with what I've seen of Pope Francis I so far.

When he was speaking yesterday, he seemed a very gentle and humble man, and he has a very warm smile. I'm convinced I saw him smile more times yesterday then I ever saw the last Pope smile during his whole tenure.

I would think most Catholics are pleased with the choice made.

I know that post isn't name related, but I just wanted to share that.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~