Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    one of my dads mns is francis - i think its cool
    Last edited by bailibsmum; March 13th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
    *Britberry* Dani, Mum to Bailey & Liberty {stepmum to angel Calium 17/4/02-25/06/02} ❤ Kairi Peyton Alanna ❤ Sawyer Phoenix Castiel Hm..

Faves: Phoenix, Elijah, Logan, Sawyer, Talon, Kye (Kai) Xavier Spencer //Marnie, Kairi, Peyton, Alana/Alanna, Madisyn, Cailyn, Taelyn.

Gps: Isabeau, Wynter, Schyler (nn Chyler) Amethyst // Castiel Auron (Oren) Gunner, Orion, Roman, Zeke, Talon.

@mischa: I know! I was thinking the same thing!
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

I think we could see an upswing, not necessarily people being named *after* the new Pope, but more because when you hear a name in the news, it can tend to grow on you. It also fits in nicely with the "old names made new" trend.

I personally love Francis, although I prefer François, a family name for me. Alas, it is so badly mispronounced by most English speakers that I wouldn't attempt it...
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I love Francis/Frances, and yes, I think we will see an increase. It might not be huge, but there will be one.

I was fascinated to read about the new Pope; how he lived a fairly simple life in Buenos Aires, for example he used public transport as opposed to having a driver to transport him about by car everywhere.

Given the history of Saint Francis of Assisi (Francis, the Poor Man of Assisi who believed in living close to the poor), it's quite fitting really. As such I think it clearly shows he chose his name to reflect the simple way he has lived his life as a bishop.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

The only Fra- names I like are Frank and Franklin. I think Francis is a boring choice - but I didn't expect anything else from a pope.
    Alexis Victoria
    mom to the dragon and lion boys, AKA Drake Zephyr and Skandar Leonidas
    TTC 2014/2015