Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dimitri?

Dimitri?

A few days ago I was looking through some of my old name journals, and I came across Dimitri. I loved it for a few years and somehow forgot all about it!

Do you think you have to be very Russian or Greek to pull it off, or can it be cross-culturally cool? Does it go with our daughter Eva's name? Opinions of Dimitri David?
    { Éva Natalia } three years + { Dimitri David } one year + Designing a { name } for our next darling...

{P r e t t i e s} Saskia / Anouk / Sabine / Lilia / Azélie / Gia / Cosette / Indie / Sparrow / Chiara / Winter / Sapphira / Anja / Lilou / Vienne

{S t u d s} Luca \ Anders \ Koa \ Elan \ Amadeo \ Oliver \ River \ Maksim \ Aeneas \ Wolfgang \ Sebastien \ Damian \ Johannes \ Caruso

Dimitri's a great name! Very exotic and stands out since it doesn't really sound like many other names. I do, however, think you have to be at least somewhat Russian or Greek to use it. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of cross-cultural naming. The exception for me would be if you have a special connection to the name or country it's from- e.g. honouring a friend with the name, or you live(d) in that country.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Eva and Dimitri sounds fantastic, and so does Dimitri David.
    I like Dimitri and I think it works on pretty much anyone. Dimitri is a good choice.
    Alexis Victoria
    mom to the dragon and lion boys, AKA Drake Zephyr and Skandar Leonidas
    TTC 2014/2015

My first personal question to someone I met named Dimitri would be "so are you Russian?"

Whether that means you have to be Russian or Greek to use it.....I guess it's up to you.

If Dimitri said, "No, my mom just liked the name." I'd probably think..."okay, that's a bit funny."

I wouldn't say it's a huge deal, but it's definitely something that will come up.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I'm not largely Russian but I know I'm Russian somewhere down the line. My whole life I've been told that my Grandma whom I've never met was a Habsburg who was related to the Romanovs. I've researched the Habsburg ancestry but I never explored a link to the Romanovs... Maybe this will give me a reason to do more geneology! I think that would be cool for my son to say if someone asked if he were Russian
    { Éva Natalia } three years + { Dimitri David } one year + Designing a { name } for our next darling...

{P r e t t i e s} Saskia / Anouk / Sabine / Lilia / Azélie / Gia / Cosette / Indie / Sparrow / Chiara / Winter / Sapphira / Anja / Lilou / Vienne

{S t u d s} Luca \ Anders \ Koa \ Elan \ Amadeo \ Oliver \ River \ Maksim \ Aeneas \ Wolfgang \ Sebastien \ Damian \ Johannes \ Caruso