Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Crushing on a new name!!

So I've been watching this new show called Nashville. There's a very handsome guy on there named Deacon. I already have a son named Jesse, and I thought as brothers they sounded great!!
    My husband isn't opposed to it, so I think it's in the running. I'm not due until November 8th, but I like to be prepared, and I admit, I have a little bit of a baby name obsession.

So my son's middle name is Valentino. Now, what would be a great middle name for Deacon? I'm kind of at a loss. These big Italian middles really don't sound as good to me with Deacon. What do you think? I would also love to hear your thoughts on Deacon. Jesse & Deacon, love it!

Having been raised in a Baptist church, I think of "Deacon" as more of a position than a name, but even so, I like it. I like word names and I think this one looks good with Jesse--the two almost have a Western vibe. You may also like the similar name Declan. As for middle names, if you don't feel that a long Italian middle works with Deacon, it's perfectly alright to give this son a different style. I don't think it's necessary for people to lock themselves into a pattern or theme, and I think it's nice to give each child a very individual name that is special for THAT child. For some reason the combo Deacon Wesley or Deacon Westley is coming to mind. Good luck!

Thought of one! What about Deacon Domenico?

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Thought of one! What about Deacon Domenico?
    If you love it, then it's perfect.

I agree with alzora as a Baptist it is a title of someone in the church, but it makes a great name! Jesse and Deacon sound great together, handsome and masculine. Deacon Domenico sounds like an awesome name, if you both love it go for it!