Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry

Newport, RI

I adore the name Henry. I just found out I'm having a boy and I just can't get over how much I love the name. My name is Jennifer so popularity really bothers me. How popular *is* Henry? I know the ranking. But is it popular as in, he'll have another Henry in his class or popular like there will be another Henry in his school? I hate that I love such a popular name

Also, any advice on middle names. I'd love something literary or ocean-inspired. Something different without being bizarre.

Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

I'm assuming you're in America, so I couldn't really say. Henry is popular, but I don't think it's is super popular (at least, it'll never be as insanely popular as Jennifer once was!). I guess what I'm saying is, it's not so popular that you should cross it off your list, especially if you really love it! Henry is top of my list, too A really cute combination I've heard is Henry Gabriel.
    ~ Mother of Violet Elizabeth Rose ~

My kids are all a bit older (8-12) so I can't really say how popular it is among the preschool set. But I have never personally known a Henry and I just asked my oldest and he said that he can't remember ever knowing a Henry either. I love love love the name right now and if we end up having a boy it would be a strong contender for me. There's a lot of authors with the first name of Henry, but I'm not sure if you would want to use exact names for your own son.

I always have this problem too! I fall madly in love with popular names and fear that my child will have to share that name. To some people, this just sounds ridiculous - especially if you love the name - but to me, I don't know. I want my child's name to stand out. It doesn't have to be a unique name, it just has to be their name. For the record, Henry is one of my favorites too.

PS: I also love Gretchen and Cordelia. Great names!

Henry is not super popular where I am (western US), but I don't that many kids under 4.

Giving a kid a rare name doesn't mean they wont be the only one in their class (though it helps the odds). My name was very rare when I was a kid, but when I was in grade school there was another girl with the same name in my class. and in the reverse Michael was a very popular name, but we only had one in our whole grade.
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites June 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Juniper, Amelia, Arabella, Beatrice, Clara, Charlotte, Cordelia, Hermione
    the rest of the girls

William, Jasper, Edgar, Gilbert, Morgan, Henry, Sebastian, Arthur, Monroe, Basil
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Emmeline Bronte/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos