Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry

Henry

I adore the name Henry. I just found out I'm having a boy and I just can't get over how much I love the name. My name is Jennifer so popularity really bothers me. How popular *is* Henry? I know the ranking. But is it popular as in, he'll have another Henry in his class or popular like there will be another Henry in his school? I hate that I love such a popular name

Also, any advice on middle names. I'd love something literary or ocean-inspired. Something different without being bizarre.

Thanks
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

I'm assuming you're in America, so I couldn't really say. Henry is popular, but I don't think it's is super popular (at least, it'll never be as insanely popular as Jennifer once was!). I guess what I'm saying is, it's not so popular that you should cross it off your list, especially if you really love it! Henry is top of my list, too A really cute combination I've heard is Henry Gabriel.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

My kids are all a bit older (8-12) so I can't really say how popular it is among the preschool set. But I have never personally known a Henry and I just asked my oldest and he said that he can't remember ever knowing a Henry either. I love love love the name right now and if we end up having a boy it would be a strong contender for me. There's a lot of authors with the first name of Henry, but I'm not sure if you would want to use exact names for your own son.

I always have this problem too! I fall madly in love with popular names and fear that my child will have to share that name. To some people, this just sounds ridiculous - especially if you love the name - but to me, I don't know. I want my child's name to stand out. It doesn't have to be a unique name, it just has to be their name. For the record, Henry is one of my favorites too.

PS: I also love Gretchen and Cordelia. Great names!

Henry is not super popular where I am (western US), but I don't that many kids under 4.

Giving a kid a rare name doesn't mean they wont be the only one in their class (though it helps the odds). My name was very rare when I was a kid, but when I was in grade school there was another girl with the same name in my class. and in the reverse Michael was a very popular name, but we only had one in our whole grade.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos