Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fritz?

Fritz?

I came across this name as a nn for Frederick and thought it was so charming! My immediate impression was that Fritz has that old-fashioned but fresh feel, but now I can't decide if I love it or if it is awkward sounding/too German/maybe better for a cat?

What are your impressions of Fritz?

I also wonder if the USA is ready for Fritz. People are loving Kip, Pip, Piper, Bing... high-energy fizzy names. Fritz reminds me of The Nutcracker - feels like a Christmasy name to me. Great as a nickname for Frederick.

(Note: I have no idea where you live, so this is written from an American standpoint, and is how I feel Fritz would be viewed in the U.S.) It feels very European to me. If I saw Fritz on a class roster, I would assume that he was not born in the United States, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a thick German accent. I would assume that Fritz is an immigrant. If he or his family had a strong connection to Germany, I'd say it could work, but otherwise I would find it odd on an all-American boy.

I think it is a fun name as a nickname for Friedrich but why not consider Franz? It would fit right in with the 'z and x' factor popularity right now.

rollo

I think of a cat. Or a sound. Just don't like it all. I think Frederick is cute though, sounds so royal!
    Mom to daughters Rylin, Winslet, Stevie, and Weslynn

And son August Oliver

Girls: Cora, Tatum, Paisley, Hadley, Weslynn, Tegan, Victoria, Winslet, Madeline, Dusty, Elora, Kate, Stevie, Quin, Mariah, Hazel, Rylin, Aurora, Sutton, Evangeline, Sarah

Boys: Maverick, Tristan, Wesley, Killian, August, Toby, Henry, Dorian, Breckin, Flynn, Easton, Oliver, Jack, Weston