Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apollo...

Honestly, I just think of Apollo 13 the movie, and I don't know why because Apollo has to do with mythology. However, I do really like some of the other names that you are going to ask about in other threads, particularly Emilio, Roscoe, and Viggo.

I like Apollo a lot. It's handsome, and I think it's recognizable as more than a name from Greek mythology because of the visibility of Apolo Ono. The Apollo Theater and the Apollo space program give it an extra cool factor in my eyes. The only real detraction for me is that lack of everyday nicknames.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne

Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post
    I actually prefer the name Apollos. I don't care for Apollo because it comes so close to being a name that I like, but it's missing the S that completes it! Apollos has a lot of things going for it that I like that may or may not matter to you: cool, sleek, Biblical without sounding "religious" or "homeschooly," ancient but futuristic sounding at the same time, familiar and recognizable without being common, spelling and pronunciation are pretty clear-cut. I can't say I'm a fan of Apollo because again, it feels incomplete to me, but I think Apollos would be a great name to consider.
    I agree with you about preferring Apollos
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I think it's fine actually. Aside from the myth it also reminds me of Apolo Ohno which is still a great reference. I know you said you didn't plan on using one, but just in case he wants to when he's older I think nn Paul makes this name extremely accessible. =]
    Dominic James~ (5)

Gabriel : Jude : Ramsay : Roland

I think Apollo is a cool name. The kind of name I could easily see on my own name list. But, I do think of Greek Mythology, which to me isn't a bad association but might be for others. Since I'm half Swedish and grew up there, I also think of the Swedish travel company with the same name. But I like that Apollo is easy to spell and pronounce, people has heard the name, but it isn't popular. It's a winner.
    Alexis Victoria
    mom to the dragon and lion boys, AKA Drake Zephyr and Skandar Leonidas
    TTC 2014/2015