Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: August Storey?

Great suggestions! I also just realized how it sounds like "August Tory". I'll toss out Storey and save it for a rainy day. So far from all the suggestions on here I really love...

August Castle
    August Emery
    August Willoughby

What about August Grimm? As in Grimm's Fairy Tales? Or does Grimm sound too harsh with August?
    Mom to daughters Rylin, Winslet, and Paisley

And now introducing....August Oliver

Girls: Cora, Tatum, Paisley, Hadley, Weslyn, Tegan, Victoria, Winslet, Madeline, Posey, Seraphina, Kate, Stevie, Quin, Mariah, Hazel, Rylin, Laura, Sutton, Evangeline, Sarah

Boys: Maverick, Tristan, Wesley, August, Toby, Caleb, Henry, Dorian, Breckin, Flynn, Bentley, Easton, Emery, Oliver, Jack, Weston

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    It sounds too much like a sentence to me. Sorry.
    I agree.

August Emery sounds great!

ETA: Grimm is way too harsh sounding as a name, period. It doesn't have a pleasant meaning whatsoever. If you'd like to name a child after one of the brothers, I'd suggest August Jacob or August Wilhelm.
    Last edited by scarletrune; March 13th, 2013 at 07:16 AM.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

August is nice, but I wouldn't pair it with a word name. It just doesn't work. August Castle sounds like a place you only go to in winter (or summer, if you're in the Northern Hemisphere).

August Willoughby is decent. I love the previous poster's suggestions of August Jacob or August Wilhelm.
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur

It's funny, because I originally had Grimm on my long list for you (and it's a name I've suggested to other people). But then I removed it, thinking it might be too "grim" for something you intend to be whimsical.