37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oliver Austin Felix

15 40.54%
  • Oliver Augustine Felix

22 59.46%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Austin or Augustine?

We're expecting boy #2 in May and at the moment, our top name is:
    Oliver ___ Felix (last name sounds like Leicester)
    I'm trying to decide between Austin and Augustine for the first middle name. The name is to commemorate a dear friend who passed away much too early. His name was Austin but he also went by Stino (from Agustino). I'm not sure about flow and length.
    Our first son's name is Julian Ant0ni R@y.

What do you think?
    Mom to Julian and Oliver
    Favorites for girls: Halina, Beata, Persis, Iolanta, Dorota, Agata, Lucia, Victoria, Vesper
    Favorites for boys: Oliver, Reuben, Henry, Felix, Graham, Augustine

Oliver Augustine Felix has my vote! The 3-2-2-2 flow of Oliver Austin Felix ____ (assuming SN has 2 syllables like Leicester) doesn't work. Also, the similar 'oh' beginnings to Oliver and Austin annoy me a little.

Julian and Oliver are a handsome sibset by the way
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

I prefer Austin, the "tine" ending feminizes Augustine for me. Additionally, since you are debating between the two, you clearly like Austin and it has the added benefit of being the actual name of the friend you are trying to honor.

gljanie - I pronounce Augustine as August-yn rather than August-een, so that doesn't bother me so much. I do like Austin and the fact that it's shorter is appealing, but I'm not sure about flow - I tend to agree with charlieandperry1 that 3222 is not as good as 3322. But that's why it's hard to decide! Both seem pretty good.
    Mom to Julian and Oliver
    Favorites for girls: Halina, Beata, Persis, Iolanta, Dorota, Agata, Lucia, Victoria, Vesper
    Favorites for boys: Oliver, Reuben, Henry, Felix, Graham, Augustine

Oliver Augustine Felix is very handsome and distinguished. Austin is just a trendy place name for me. Augustine is a saint name with depth and history and I think it sounds better with Oliver.
    All the best,
    Mischa.