Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name Help

Name Help

Ok so I am just toying around with some possible names for my baby. I have an Amelia, Liam and a Violet, possibly having a third girl - most names that I like have an issue. Although, I love the name Maeve for a middle name ( would consider it for a first but does it have the wow factor ? ).

I like Hazel and Scarlett but they might not be the best choices because they are colour names with Violet? Do the -ette names sound too similar to Violet as well? Scarlett is really growing on me.

I love Eloise ( and it would be my number one choice) but my SIL and family drama has tainted that name for me.

I love Emmaline but think it is too close to Amelia.

I like Seraphina but am not fond of the short form Sera and the Ben Affleck connection.

I like Carolyne and Madeleine but am not a fan of the short forms Cara, Carol or Maddie.

I kind of like Thea - but our last name starts with a T and I think it would sound too weird.

I love girly names - no unisex ones - and I was hoping not to use the letters A, V or L as the first letter. For some reason, I am not fond of F names either.

Any suggestions?- I watch this site everyday for inspiration but so far havent found the perfect name.

Thanks..

Okay. Umm. This is a tough one. How about:

Cora
    Coraline
    Coralie
    Stella
    Georgia
    Beatrice
    Elodie
    Chloe
    Jada
    Cordelia
    Margo

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

I think Hazel is usable with a sister named Violet. Scarlet, not so much, as it is more obviously a colour name, and the endings are too similar.

As for suggestions, here are some that are similar to the names you've listed...
    Elodie
    Louisa
    Elise
    Emma
    Mia
    Kaia
    Elena
    Josephine
    Phoebe

It's hard to find "the perfect name"! Keep looking!
    Matilda, Vera, Beatrix, June, Eleanor, Cordelia, Adelaide, Elisabeth, Leona, Daphne, Kathryn

Edwin, Frederick, Calvin, Arthur, Walter, Rowan, Winston, Desmond, Keith, Robert

You may like Aloisa. I've been loving it for the past week or so. It's very similar to Eloise, but may not have the negative associations that you mentioned.

Violet and Scarlett could work just fine together, in my opinion. I think they sound different enough to avoid confusion. The emphasis of each name is on the first syllable, and those syllables aren't similar in the least. The matching -ett part really isn't emphasized when said aloud. And I actually think of Violet as a flower name rather than a color name, so I wouldn't have even realized that you have two color names together. If people do realize it, that's okay. There is nothing wrong with naming children after beautiful colors. And your daughters will grow up and spread their wings and have their own social circles apart from each other anyway, so ultimately it doesn't matter how well their names flow together, it just matters that you gave them each beautiful names that you love.