View Poll Results: Austin or Augustine?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oliver Austin Felix

15 40.54%
  • Oliver Augustine Felix

22 59.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oliver Augustine Felix is sooooo handsome!

Quote Originally Posted by let_it_grow View Post
    gljanie - I pronounce Augustine as August-yn rather than August-een, so that doesn't bother me so much.
    If that's the sound you want then why not avoid the confusion and spell it Augustin?

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

In my area/circle of acquaintances, everyone pronounces Augustine as August-yn, so I'm not worried about confusion, especially since its a middle name. I prefer that spelling because it's the traditional one for the saint's name.
    Mom to Julian and Oliver
    Favorites for girls: Halina, Beata, Persis, Iolanta, Dorota, Agata, Lucia, Victoria, Vesper
    Favorites for boys: Oliver, Reuben, Henry, Felix, Graham, Augustine

I voted for Augustine (even though my son's middle name is Austin). As a teenager, I promised my grandfather, August, that I'd name a son after him someday. As it turned out, my husband would not agree to August, and I settled for Austin instead, since it has the same origin as August. (As you probably know, Austin is a medieval short-form of Augustine, derived from Augustus.)

Anyway, I prefer both the name itself and the flow of Augustine in your combo.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.