Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: A Quiz of Sorts

A Quiz of Sorts

I think this should be called: A stretching exercise for the naming brain. Because even I'd have a tough time answering these questions! But my attempt follows.

1. What are three new names that you like for each gender?

2. Are there any names that you did not care for in the past, and now you like?

3. If you had a baby right now, and the name was totally up to you, what names would you choose?

4. Will you choose a name that honors someone/something? What will/would it be?

5. How many kids do you want? What would you name them?

Have fun!
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com

Re: A Quiz of Sorts

1. What are three new names that you like for each gender?: I don't really have "new" on my mind right now, but the three newest on my working list: Maud, Winifred & Zelda for girls and Linus, Harvey & Arthur for boys.

2. Are there any names that you did not care for in the past, and now you like? : Barnaby, is particular. It took a looooong time for me to warm up to his Barney potential. And now he's my #2 name and threatening to bump Cosmo to second place! The girls names on my list have been around for years!

3. If you had a baby right now, and the name was totally up to you, what names would you choose?: Oh, this is easy: Eulalie Esme Katharine & Barnaby Edward Rex.

4. Will you choose a name that honors someone/something? What will/would it be? : Yes, Cecily for Cecilia, Valentine for my Pop, August for my Mom, Cosmo for my Great Grandpa, Winifred for my Auntie, Violet for yet another Auntie... I could go on & on honoring!

5. How many kids do you want? What would you name them? : 4. Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel & Either Barnaby Edward or Clementine India... today.
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com

boys: Ansel, Joseph, and Dashiell
    girls: Eleni, Catherine, and Carmen

Joseph, Evelyn, and Olive

3. If you had a baby right now, and the name was totally up to you, what names would you choose?
    boy: Lionel Andrew (My husband's middle name s Andrew, so I really like it)
    girl: Eleni Grace (My aunt's name was Grace and my mom's name is Helen, Eleni is the Greek form of Helen) or Evelyn Grace. Oh, Eleni doesn't sound that great with my last name, but we are name fantasizing here so I guess anything goes. Huh, then I would pick Lucy Evelyn even though Lucy sounds awful with my last name. Lucy's my favorite!

See above. I also love Lillian Cordelia because that was my grandmother's name. My other grandmother was Clara May and I love both those names. My great grandpa was William Arthur. That's why I love his names.

5. How many kids do you want? What would you name them? I only had two and that was fine. If I did it all over again, I think I would just have two. I named them Peter Sebastian and Laura Elizabeth. All their names honor relatives except for Sebastian. Sebastian is my favorite boy's name along with Simon.

For boys: Rufus, Huxley and Caradoc
    For girls: Rosemary, Hester and Leocadie

There are so many! One that stands out is Walter - it's a family name I always thought I'd update to Walton, but the original is growing on me.

Rosemary Isabeau Gray
    Henry Huxley Clark - or - Henry Calder Clark - or - Frederic Huxley Rohn - or - Nicolo Christopher Rohn

Rosemary is after my grandmother, Isabeau after my sister & Gray after my mother-in-law.

Henry is a name my son suggested; Frederic and Nicolo are after my father. Rohn is after my brother; Christopher after my mother-in-law; Calder and Huxley are "hero" names.

We have two. I'm tempted to have another, but honestly, I just don't think it is in the cards.

I need to think on this one.

Alice

Tiffany Elaine, Kenzo Joseph, Olivia...

Joseph for a middle name. Honors my grandfather.

Probably 2 kids. I would name them Tiffany Elaine, Olivia Alison or Alison Olivia for girls, Kenzo Joseph for a boy