Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Misspelling Already Commonly Misspelled Names

Another user on a different thread made this point (I couldn't find it- sorry!) about this. Even if you name your child the correct spelling of a name such as Caitlin or Aiden, they will be asked how to spell their name. Now, I don't mean crazy spellings like Kaytelynne or Adyn, but Kaitlin or Aidon.

I don't think you should just change spellings without a reason, but maybe a different spelling honor someone. Maybe your maiden name was McKenna, and you love the sound Michaela, and you use the spelling McKayla to incorporate your maiden name. Or, perhaps your brother who died in a car crash was Kyle, and you think Kylee is closer to his name than Kylie. Or it could be more subtle, such as your mother was Eleanor and your SO's was Carson, so you decide Ellison.

I'm a '90s baby who knows a multitude of Caitlins- only one has the correct spelling. She is asked to spell her name as often as the all the Kaitlins and Kaitlyns. Because of this, as long as you don't completely butcher the name or make it hard to pronounce, I think it is fine if you spell a name a bit differently.

Does anyone else feel this way?
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~